Answered Esoteric UK Service/Repair Centre?

This question has been answered.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Morning Everyone,

I am now looking for somewhere to get my Esoteric DV-50s SACD Player serviced and repaired in the UK does anyone know somewhere maybe even in Europe.

I have contacted the company who do this for Esoteric USA which is 'TAP Electronics' about where I can send/take it as they are in California so not really a viable option.

It's ironic that I should buy & collect a Marantz 85 CD player from Tackleberry yesterday for my son which is a real doozy.
I took my Esoteric out of the rack for the first time in about 3 years so I could test the Marantz 85 and it sounds superb so played a few cd's then took it back out to put my Esoteric back in & now it is skipping all over the place even whole tracks backwards and forwards.

I've cleaned it several times with my disc cleaner to no avail so I have now put my spare CD player in which is my Marantz Ki Pearl SACD player and balance is restored.

I am in no hurry to sort the Esoteric as the Pearl sounds superb too but I don't want the Esoteric to turn into a 20kg ornament or door stop😧

Last edited:
Reactions: hiesteem

robin

Good bye
Wammer Plus
Dec 6, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
hi steve, try wilkinsons hifi 92 to 94 manchester rd nelson BB9 7HD, TELE 01282 612901, they repaired three cd players for me last year, rega saturn, new laser, cambridge audio, new belt meridian 500, adjusted laser, two brothers own the shop, give them a call, their ok

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
hi steve, try wilkinsons hifi 92 to 94 manchester rd nelson BB9 7HD, TELE 01282 612901, they repaired three cd players for me last year, rega saturn, new laser, cambridge audio, new belt meridian 500, adjusted laser, two brothers own the shop, give them a call, their ok
Very good indeed. I am certain they could do it, it just depends on whether you want it done 'officially' or not. They are a really good dealer, tbh.

www.wilkinsons.tv

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thats brilliant Robin thank you I'll give them a bell👍

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just phoned Wilkinsons & chatted with Hilton who sounds very well informed he said they have had a few issues with Esoteric parts but it is getting better slowly.

They have a 4/6 week backlog & I can take mine in to them the last week in July, They need it for about 4 weeks & they require a £30 deposit if they fix it thats deducted off the final bill If they can't repair it then the £30 is for bench time.

You can't say fairer than that I reckon Thanks again fellas It's great this place innit'

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Just phoned Wilkinsons & chatted with Hilton who sounds very well informed he said they have had a few issues with Esoteric parts but it is getting better slowly.

They have a 4/6 week backlog & I can take mine in to them the last week in July, They need it for about 4 weeks & they require a £30 deposit if they fix it thats deducted off the final bill If they can't repair it then the £30 is for bench time.

You can't say fairer than that I reckon Thanks again fellas It's great this place innit'
They're good. Repaired a few things for me and friends, and their pricing is honest and fair.

Reactions: robin and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just got a reply from the the company you gave me the link too Geoff...

Thinks it's the Traverse mech and that would cost £450+ for the part + vat + the engineering time to fit it.

It's another option if the guys at Wilkinson HiFi can't fix it but my money's on them👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenge1

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Just got a reply from the the company you gave me the link too Geoff...

Thinks it's the Traverse mech and that would cost £450+ for the part + vat + the engineering time to fit it.

It's another option if the guys at Wilkinson HiFi can't fix it but my money on them👍
Esoteric pricing then. Wilkinsons first then.

Reactions: MVJ

robin

Good bye
Wammer Plus
Dec 6, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just found the receipt for replacing the laser in my rega Saturn, £80, thought that was ok, but just realised it's out of warranty and I haven't plugged it in since it had the repair done, it's my back up cd, picked it up at cranage last year , Wilkinson's had a room at the show

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just found the receipt for replacing the laser in my rega Saturn, £80, thought that was ok, but just realised it's out of warranty and I haven't plugged it in since it had the repair done, it's my back up cd, picked it up at cranage last year , Wilkinson's had a room at the show
They do sound very matter of fact I'll drop it off & hope for the best but if I need to pay for new bit it could escalate 👁️👁️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online