Fake Cardas and Furutech Cables on eBay..

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just a heads up..

Fake Cardas cables on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15491210...customid=04518948-aa81-11ec-a51b-613961666538
I presume the Furutech ones he is also selling are fake too. Someone who knows a little more about Furutech should be able to confirm.

You can get these fake Cardas ones on Aliexpress - the key is the colour of the insulation, Golden Reference was Black, and came pre-terminated with Cardas IEC and plug.

Strange as he seems to have some legit items as well. Looks like he is trying to make a quick buck off hifi enthusiasts.

Last edited:

triumph

daytona600
Wammer
Nov 18, 2016
Up North
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
No BS1361/1362 approval could be a problem with house insurance in event of a Fire

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If it's a cable and it's on an auction site, or any sales website other than manufacturers and listed distributors, the best assumption to make is that it's a fake. Sad, but seems to be the case far too often.

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If it's a cable and it's on an auction site, or any sales website other than manufacturers and listed distributors, the best assumption to make is that it's a fake. Sad, but seems to be the case far too often.

Only if its claimed to be new, otherwise that would basically penalise anyone selling a used item not being authorised dealers etc. Also, not all dealers who buy from distributors are listed or 'authorised' etc, so it does make it more difficult to spot the hooky ones.

I've noticed the fake Cardas ones on Aliexpress and Alibaba for a while, I guess I knew someone would eventually try their luck, what's more saddening to me is this guy seems like an actual Hifi enthusiast. So he is basically mugging off people who share his love of it. That's even lower than a chancer.

Reactions: yespsb

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Amazon has its fair share of knock-off cables, DACs and lots of other tat.
It dupes people into thinking they've got a bargain but they might also be buying something dangerous.
eBay can be great if you know the items are genuine but for the uninitiated like me I wouldn't know a Cardas cable if I was whipped with it.

Reactions: Southeastern

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well my colleague has had a bit of dialogue with him, and it's clear he knows that the cables are fake.

Funnily he referenced a genuine Cardas Golden Cross cable as being fake as well stating 'are you blind?'..when it was pointed out that his reference was a genuine cable (Cardas Golden Cross cable with correct Cardas plugs etc) and it was pointed out that Golden Reference never came in the Golden Cross Red colour nor used Furutech plugs - only the fake ones on Aliexpress do, his response was

'do whatever you can'

What a lovely chap

Reactions: kernow

yespsb

Wammer
Jan 15, 2019
North West
AKA
paul bristow
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Whilst I waited & waited on hold I thought I would use my time in a useful manner so I have reported the item to eBay as fake. I have never done this before so I have no idea what (if anything) they will do

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is the fakers Youtube channel

Sounds awful, must be using those fake cables.
Just a heads up..

Fake Cardas cables on eBay.

[URL]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154...customid=04518948-aa81-11ec-a51b-613961666538[/URL]

I presume the Furutech ones he is also selling are fake too. Someone who knows a little more about Furutech should be able to confirm.

You can get these fake Cardas ones on Aliexpress - the key is the colour of the insulation, Golden Reference was Black, and came pre-terminated with Cardas IEC and plug.

Strange as he seems to have some legit items as well. Looks like he is trying to make a quick buck off hifi enthusiasts.
How do you report an item now?

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sounds awful, must be using those fake cables.

How do you report an item now?
Yeah I didnt think it sounded too good even with all that hardware.

There is a 'report an item' button just to the right of the description box, above the item number.

Knowing eBay, little will be done, but its worth us all reporting it as he is the worst of the worst, utilising his hobby and fellow enthusiasts with the intent to rip them off

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Only if its claimed to be new, otherwise that would basically penalise anyone selling a used item not being authorised dealers etc. Also, not all dealers who buy from distributors are listed or 'authorised' etc, so it does make it more difficult to spot the hooky ones.

I've noticed the fake Cardas ones on Aliexpress and Alibaba for a while, I guess I knew someone would eventually try their luck, what's more saddening to me is this guy seems like an actual Hifi enthusiast. So he is basically mugging off people who share his love of it. That's even lower than a chancer.
Sorry, but there are tons of fake second-hand cables on auction sites as well. In fact, it's easier for sellers to pass off fakes when they're 'used' as of course the lower prices mean there's supposedly a reason they're cheap.

Reactions: uzzy

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry, but there are tons of fake second-hand cables on auction sites as well. In fact, it's easier for sellers to pass off fakes when they're 'used' as of course the lower prices mean there's supposedly a reason they're cheap.

Yes there are, most are not fake, thats one huge sweeping generalisation! I do agree it is easy to sell fakes off as used though, but if you research a product you are interested in, I think you can be fairly safe.

It's fairly easy to question a fake cable - just pop on to Aliexpress and Alibaba and look for the cable you are interested in. If you find it on either of those sites, then you know it has been replicated so to be wary of providence. They have to be a big brand for the Chinese to invest in the tooling to replicate.

Sadly, for this seller, he tripped up as Cardas Golden Reference was never Red. The Golden Cross was, but a different Red, the Chinese didn't manage to copy it too well, and it was never sold off the roll and has been out of production for over 15 years. Furutech plugs were also never fitted to Cardas cable.

Here is one of the places where the seller may have bought his cables from

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...1;29.08;-1;-1@salePrice;GBP;search-mainSearch
He picked up his plugs from here, or similar

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...1;20.08;-1;-1@salePrice;GBP;search-mainSearch
So he looking to make around £250-300 on each cable sold.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yeah I didnt think it sounded too good even with all that hardware.

There is a 'report an item' button just to the right of the description box, above the item number.

Knowing eBay, little will be done, but its worth us all reporting it as he is the worst of the worst, utilising his hobby and fellow enthusiasts with the intent to rip them off
I could not see it. But these cables have now all gone, so maybe someone else reported them?

Yes I agree these people should be stopped.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
But he was selling them as new, even though he says they are DIY, which seems a contradiction with the eBay description.

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I could not see it. But these cables have now all gone, so maybe someone else reported them?

Yes I agree these people should be stopped.

He claims he has sold them all...or so I think thats what he is claiming..

cardas.png

And his selling history shows all 8 sold in less than 6 hours. Another one of his cons as genuine Golden Reference mains cables have been on eBay for months at around this price , some less, without selling. I've been watching them as was considering changing my Golden Cross cables to them.

I suspect he is using friends/multiple accounts to purchase them for £1 to build up selling history.

Cardas1.png cardas2.png

yespsb

Wammer
Jan 15, 2019
North West
AKA
paul bristow
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The guy is an out & out chancer and we all know he hasn't sold them all, that's simply more lies, ps I have reported his latest iffy listing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles