Gig reviews

GML

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
, , United Kingdom
Alright I'll start,

Sept 1998, saw Buddy Guy at BB Kings night club Beale St Memphis. What a gig, he even plugged a long lead into his guitar and played in the street for the benefit of those that couldn't get in. A fantastic experience.

supercapman

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Bath, , United Kingd
AKA
Chris
Seen Suzanne vega a month ago in Cardiff, superb acoustic set, just her with guitar and a guy with a bass guitar, she was superb even taking requests from the audience.A bit unfortunate that U2 were playing the millenium stadium a few hundred yards down the road
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

A

A.N.

went to see the aussie pink floyd at t' summer pops. fekin awesome!

if you aint been to see 'em, go. fantabulous!

A.N.

snapper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
, ,
Also saw this lot who were much better.Even helped Dave off the stage to go and play in amongst the fans.
dave.jpg

snapper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
, ,
But I have to say this lot were the pick of the day for me.I think these pictures were taken at Gig on the Green in Glasgow August 2000
bobby.jpg

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The best gig I ever saw was Pulp at Glastonbury 1995. I have always said it and was veru pleased to hear John peel once name that gig as the best he ever saw. Oasis on the same bill that year rocked too.

Snapper - great shots mate (you should do that for a living
tongue.png
).

I really want to see the Foo Fighters live as they are probably my favourite band these days.

Me unt mine Frauline cannot remember the name of the last chap and it's getting to us now.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
hifiwigwam wrote:

The best gig I ever saw was Pulp at Glastonbury 1995. I have always said it and was veru pleased to hear John peel once name that gig as the best he ever saw. Oasis on the same bill that year rocked too.
I was there that year too! in fact that was my first glasto and ive not missed one since... Pulps live shows are always something special be it large or small venues..

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
after all that i should write a review!

I managed to get an invite to see Texas play at Ronnie Scotts last month and i have to say Sharleen was superb. It was just a short promo set of about 7 songs a few new and a couple of her older classics...

Im not generally a fan of her poppy sounding CDs but everytime ive seen her live (various festivals etc) the performance has been very different. More guitars and less production if you know what i mean!?which to me makes all the difference. Anyway she can sing... and has an amazing voice IMO

Cheers

Hawk

snapper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
, ,
Hawk wrote:

Respect to snapper for those shots...  simply awesome what camera/cameras do you use?

Hawk                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Hi Hawk,I use Canon EOS 1 digital cameras.Lenses from 20mm to 400 2.8.Plus 1x4 and 2x converters.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
Very impressive Snapper, the shots are great. I mess with the much cheaper Canon EOS10D and I also confess to a much lower and completely amateur standard!

Cheers

Hawk

snapper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
, ,
Nothing wrong with 10D but remember doing my job I get into privileged positions to take pix.And with any job,if you have the proper tools it makes life much easier.

subterranean-alien

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Lancashire, , United
AKA
Stu
Gigs have been few and far between recently, but the last few of note:

Steve Earle & The Dukes @ the Apollo in Manchester. Bloomin fantastic, just under 3 hours of excellence. When these guys get rockin' they're fantastic, they also chucked in quite a few covers from the stones, beetles etc. Highly recommended. This guy is well old, he's like 56 and can still show most youngsters how to do it. One hell of a fit girl doing a few numbers before hand too, I cant remember her name though.
sad.png

Ryan Adams @ Manchester Academy 1. God awful night. Went with a girl who was in one serious mood. Ryan was totally fcuked up on his drugs and couldnt really perform properly, the crowd got abit restless and we seemed to be having our own conversations at the back. We left early. Sorry let me correct that. She left early and demanded I took her home, personally I would have been straight in at the front with the other kids.
wub.png

Ryan Adams @ The Royal Court Theatre. A few weeks after the first one and this time I went with my buddy and my brother. Much, much, much better. I still say he's no rock singer but when it comes to acoustic solo stuff he's great. Sadly he drank like a fish all through the performance and was no doubt high of summat else which led to a very early finish. He wandered to the edge of the stage, slipped and into the orchestral pit he went. Fair do's he finished the song from the pit but his wrist was well broken so that was that. :Not Sure:

Bracko

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
Cheltenham, , United
Went to see Faithless at Alexandra Palace in April. One word AWESOME! If you've still got the energy/ability to go to a gig like that then do it. They really mixed it up too, so there was some nice little chill out songs (So you could get your breath back) and then they would steadily whip the audience into a frenzy.

Prior to that I went to see Morrissey at the NIA in Birmingham the week before Christmas and he did a superb set which lasted ages. He did all the classic Smiths stuff plus favourites from his solo back catalogue and stuff from his last album. I took it easy for that one as we had seats in the banked auditorium, which due to the timing (Midweek gig about 3 days before Christmas) was very empty. Mind you I wasn't taking it as easy as the bloke in front of me. He sat down (Everyone had their own row of seats) and pulled a big dooby out of his pocket and started smoking it, he must have had about 4 during the gig:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.