Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, it’s here. The fully integrated DSP Nelson subwoofer for your P3ESR and any LS3/5a. First of the digital active options Harbeth are making. No prices yet but looks interesting. I am however, slightly baffled as for all these years, open frame stands were always favoured 💭

https://harbeth.co.uk/nelson-subwoofer-stand-solution/

IMG_2249.jpeg

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Price, hmmm it would mean that the P3 speakers and substands would be more than the HL5 XD. Having said that, if space is precious then the combination might pull it off. Someone with some P3’s needs to try them

Reactions: Ian

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Clever design. The open mesh stand at the bottom appears to be an outlet . It reminds me a bit of an omnidirectional speaker which can be very special to listen too from experience.
My guess these will be entertaining.

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I swear I don't use terms like 'rip off' or have a moan about the cost of gear, if it's away from my pocket I'll just not consider it.............however.......the cost of these with the speakers really does open up other options.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I swear I don't use terms like 'rip off' or have a moan about the cost of gear, if it's away from my pocket I'll just not consider it.............however.......the cost of these with the speakers really does open up other options.
After further reading and digesting the DSP side of things, there is no reason you can’t use them with any compact speaker.
I think curiosity might get the better of me, I’ll try and get a loan pair when possible with the P3’s and compare with a speaker from the other end of the price spectrum

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After further reading and digesting the DSP side of things, there is no reason you can’t use them with any compact speaker.
I think curiosity might get the better of me, I’ll try and get a loan pair when possible with the P3’s and compare with a speaker from the other end of the price spectrum
Report awaited ;)

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nelson’s column, I get it!

In subwoofer terms, a 5” driver plus a 50 watt amp looks very modest on paper. I’m sure it sounds decent, but at that price, the whole shebang bought new is a price rival for the all active KEF LS60. Obviously, from a visual perspective they are chalk and cheese, or ancient and modern!

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, it’s here. The fully integrated DSP Nelson subwoofer for your P3ESR and any LS3/5a. First of the digital active options Harbeth are making. No prices yet but looks interesting. I am however, slightly baffled as for all these years, open frame stands were always favoured 💭

https://harbeth.co.uk/nelson-subwoofer-stand-solution/

IMG_2249.jpeg
Jon as you know the users knew that open stands work best but Shaw, because he is a sales person first and foremost, says that any stand works fine. I love my P3s but depending on price might look at this.

Reactions: Rockchild and Ian

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If that’s the case then I withdraw any curious interest that I fleetingly had.
If cost was not an option and it could make your P3’s sound like a 5k slimline floorstander using the same footprint at half the price then maybe hold fire on that thought 💭

Reactions: hiesteem

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jon as you know the users knew that open stands work best but Shaw, because he is a sales person first and foremost, says that any stand works fine. I love my P3s but depending on price might look at this.
AS is far from being a salesman, hasn’t a clue. Engineer yes, narrow minded yes 😂

• Haha

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nelson’s column, I get it!

In subwoofer terms, a 5” driver plus a 50 watt amp looks very modest on paper. I’m sure it sounds decent, but at that price, the whole shebang bought new is a price rival for the all active KEF LS60. Obviously, from a visual perspective they are chalk and cheese, or ancient and modern!
Or indeed, LS50 Meta + 2 x KC62 Subs + A chunk of change or Arcam Radia A25

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Or indeed, LS50 Meta + 2 x KC62 Subs + A chunk of change or Arcam Radia A25
Let’s not cast opinions on something yet to be heard just like the Arcam you mentioned 😉

DSP included remember and prices are not confirmed but believed to be £2500-£3000 depending on which country you are in.
I’m also not a fan of Harbeths recent price increases but I am keen to hear any new products from Harbeth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online