Harbeth Nelson DSP active Stand/Sub

zym

Wammer
Dec 5, 2022
AKA
Not at Home
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I appreciate the ideas behind the Nelson design, an 'idiot proof' way to add to the bottom end of the fabulous P3 sound and provide a neat stand all in one. BUT at that price it does seem ridiculous. My set up with two REL Tx5s and Minidsp 2x4hd would be £1500 cheaper with more power and bigger speakers. OK it needs some knowledge to set up but I wouldn't want to drive the subs without DSP tuned to the room and have an option to high pass the P3s.
No not for me but probably they will be right for some buyers......or discounted half price in 12 months.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
.....or discounted half price in 12 months.
We call that ‘B’ stock or open box. Thats the way things are sold now if not selling at full price 😊

Funny, as a Harbeth user, the footprint of the Nelson is not too dissimilar to my HL5+ stands. The Nelson’s are selling for more than my original price of the HL5+!

So, P3XD and Nelson’s today is nearly 6K!!
Sadly, if I’m looking to change my speakers today, I’d be looking elsewhere

lindsayt

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 19, 2009
Huddersfield, , Unit
I think this stand will be a fine addition to Harbeth P3ESR's.

Owners will be able to hear their music collection with the life sucked out of the lower bass with this woofer-stand. Up until now they've only had the life sucked out of the upper bass, midrange and treble.

As the Harbeth website says:
"The Harbeth smoothness that makes for continued fatigue-free listening is further enhanced with the extra richness the Nelson subwoofer stand has brought to the mix."
I find I wake up feeling refreshed and fatigue-free after falling asleep listening to Harbeths.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles