Having issues with the playback of Qobuz playlists ?

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I signed up for a Qobuz trial yesterday, the first time I've tried it having had a Spotify subscription for years and also dabbled with Deezer and Tidal.

I use a Bluesound Node 2i outputting to an MDAC+ using the BluOs App on an iPad. Listened to a couple of albums then thought I'd give some of the HiRes playlists a go but unfortunately none of them would load. After a fair bit of tinkering, rebooting everything, signing in and out of Qobuz still no playback. Raised a support ticket with Bluesound and credit to them had an answer within 4 hours.

Hello Les,

After speaking with our engineering team regarding your specific issue they have been able to replicate it here in our labs. It has been identified that Qobuz playlists longer than 30 tracks will not load on iOS devices specifically. Our engineering team will be looking into this further and be providing a fix for this issue in a future firmware update.

Unfortunately, we here in technical support are not provided a timeline on future development and releases so I can not say for certain when this update will become available. However, rest assured that our engineering team will be doing everything they can to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Our engineering team may reach out to you directly if they require any further specifics about this issue you are experiencing.

I'm sorry I do not have a more immediate solution for you but in the meantime, if you have any further questions for me, please feel free to let me know.

Kind Regards,
Kellie S.
Bluesound Support Crew Analyst

So there is an issue on iOS devices which they are aware of. Unfortunately there's no timescale for the fix which is a pain because not only can I not listen to the Qobuz playlists a couple I have ported over from Tidal are way above 30 tracks. Ah well, lets hope the fix comes within my trial period, not the best of starts :(

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just move the excess tracks to another playlist (for now) as a store for future use ? (y)

I can do a bit of manoeuvring with mine within Tidal before re-exporting but I cannot currently access any of the ones Qobuz has created with more than 30 tracks on my iPad. It actually doesn't load anything at all other than the general description of what it contains which is a real pain.

I've just found that through the App on my iMac I can access the playlists so could edit to 29 tracks and access them on Bluos for playback. It's hardly the smooth playback process and a real step back from Tidal/Deezer/Spotify. I'll probably just build new playlists and listen to albums rather than take time editing. My intention would have been to output all my playlists intact and not mess about like this. Let's hope there's a fix within the trial period but as I said above it's not a convincing start.

• Sad
Reactions: garn63

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.