Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've been vaguely looking around for an interesting pair of circumaural bluetooth headphones and I came across some Master & Dynamic MW60 on fleabay. A brand that gets good reviews and that I've been curious about for a while.

IMG_20230727_134338.jpg

Trying them out in the garden.

I was a bit disappointed to see how small the allegedly circumaural pads were, but actually they're quite comfortable. High quality material (soft lambskin) probably accounts for that.

Tonally they're good without any eq, which is very unusual. A bit on the rich and warm side, which is fine by me.
Dynamically a bit restrained. Which again is fine by me, and probably a safer listen.

Nicely immersive sound stage and good levels of detail.

Impressed so far, definitely not going straight back on eBay!

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow & gosh.
These are nice.

IMG_20230801_160740.jpg
Hifiman Edition XS.
Stupidly comfortable.
Although I haven't looked in the mirror yet. :ROFLMAO:

Yup, a clearout of my too extensive headphone collection now seems inevitable.

• Love
Reactions: deggie

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Uh oh.
Comfort issues.
Great when first put on, but a relief to take them off.

Maybe I'm wearing them at the wrong angle somehow.
The earcups seem large enough to encompass any feasible human ear, but the top of my left ear is getting sore.
It's all a bit baffling.
Investigations will continue.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I guess that must be it, Keith.

I do very much like the sound so I'll persevere.

There's the angle that they perch on the head, and the extension of the headband arms to play with.

I can't recall anyone else complaining about comfort issues in the many online reviews. Quite the contrary.
Maybe I need my ears trimmed.

• Haha

DCS

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2010
NR Glasgow
AKA
Donny
Hi guys, I’m looking for a bit of advice.
Due to moving things around I now need a 10ft cable for my Hifiman 400i (not the revision model).
I currently use a Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable but a 10ft version is a bit pricey. Suggestions welcome.

Reactions: Headcoat

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Due to moving things around I now need a 10ft cable for my Hifiman 400i (not the revision model).
I currently use a Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable but a 10ft version is a bit pricey. Suggestions welcome.
I'd be looking at a well priced, and well made, replacement from Amazon. Then compare to your current cable, if it sounds the same you're quids in, if it sounds worse then you'll only have lost £20 approx. and you can consider more expensive 10ft cables.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, and I've no intention of provoking a cable debate: I just think you might be surprised.

I bought one from Amazon for my Nighthawks and it's just fine, and well made. I'll see if I can find similar for HiFiman's.

Reactions: lowendall

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here you go, £13 including delivery. If nothing else you'll end up with a spare stop gap cable should a more expensive cable get damaged in the future.

Amazon product

Last edited:

DCS

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2010
NR Glasgow
AKA
Donny
Here you go, £13 including delivery. If nothing else you'll end up with a spare stop gap cable should a more expensive cable get damaged in the future.

Amazon product

Thanks for the link, but it seems that it doesn’t fit my version off the 400i?
  • Note:this cable has Dual 3.5mm male connector that be putted into headhone plug, it only Compatible with Hifiman Sundara, Arya, Ananda, HE4XX, the latest version HE-400i with both 3.5mm plug headphones, it doesn't fit the old version HE-400i headhone with both 2.5mm plug

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
  • Note:this cable has Dual 3.5mm male connector that be putted into headhone plug, it only Compatible with Hifiman Sundara, Arya, Ananda, HE4XX, the latest version HE-400i with both 3.5mm plug headphones, it doesn't fit the old version HE-400i headhone with both 2.5mm plug
How about this one:

Amazon product

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Or even this one, cheaper at £11.99 including delivery:

Amazon product

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ps all three of the links (two of which I think will fit your HiFiMans) above are from the same manufacturer as I bought for my Nighthawk's. I've had no issues and the cable is still working years later.

DCS

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2010
NR Glasgow
AKA
Donny
ps all three of the links (two of which I think will fit your HiFiMans) above are from the same manufacturer as I bought for my Nighthawk's. I've had no issues and the cable is still working years later.
Thanks for the links. They have got to be worth a try at that price!
I have ordered the 13:99 cable, will let you know how I find them.
If they sound good to my ears, I’ll sell the Blue Dragon cable.

Last edited:

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Uh oh.
Comfort issues.
Great when first put on, but a relief to take them off.

Maybe I'm wearing them at the wrong angle somehow.
The earcups seem large enough to encompass any feasible human ear, but the top of my left ear is getting sore.
It's all a bit baffling.
Investigations will continue.
My Hifiman Edition XS saga continues.
At the recommendation of someone on pfm, who'd also had comfort issues with the XS, I bought a Geekria headband cover.

It's a slightly strange thing with a detachable gel-filled strip.

It does the job!
A couple of hours listening this morning, and while they aren't the most cumfy headphone ever, they're quite acceptable now.
The Geekria cover is £15 so a cheap fix for what otherwise would be an unacceptable, quite expensive headphone.
Not exactly pretty, though.

IMG_20230804_094552.jpg

Reactions: antonio66

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online