Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Iam trying to connect the EMT TSD 15 cart to the acoustic signature AS1000 tone arm. But the cart cable pins seem to be too wide for the arm's lugs. I saw some videos, where folks have used tooth picks to widen the opening of the arm's lugs. I've tried the same, and widened the lugs a bit. But the pins are still too big for the lugs. Do I have to use an adapter of some sort to go in-between. Or is widening the lugs further the only option.  Thanks

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks @lazycatand @DomT  :)

That was just the reassurance i needed. Will be back at it again then. Thanks :)

Reactions: uzzy

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am sure that you will appreciate that you have to be very careful as the lugs will be delicate.
And their attachment to the whisker-thin arm wiring is equally delicate, and in my experience is invariably the first point of failure.  (Of course I don’t mean my own failure 🙂 but based on the returns we used to get at the shop.  Where once I could practically wire a cartridge blindfold, I’m very tentative these days.  I can’t imagine connecting any MC to a non-removable headshell these days. 😕 )

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A jewellers bent nose plyers or circlip plyers may help (if you can get them small enough to slide inside the tag)   

• Upvote
Reactions: newlash09

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online