Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 23, 2013
Liverpool
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Well I am not sure how to describe this but since I changed to BT my Naim NDX keeps going missing and can't find its self

It is wired straight to the hub and I even bought a new ethernet cable as I thought it could be that

I am using Assett as a server and control via the horrible Naim app off an iPad

The problem was the. server would go missing or during a music night after setting up a play list it would go in and out

Frustrated I read try doing a factory reset so I did also I updated the firmware on the NDX to the latest

Now for some reason it won't play anything Asset is showing up on the app but when I pick an album it does not play

Scratching my head and getting so frustrated going to launch said streamer out the window :D

Should also mention I use a Mac mini to store music via an attached usb drive

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Alister M

Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If the only change is to a BT router when you changed service then look no further.......

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
No linger active on this forum
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Check that DHCP is on in the BT router.

Try the old favourite of:

Delete Naim app and re-install. Do not restart yet.

power down the NDX (not just standby) any switches, server and your router. Wait 15 mins. Power the router back up. wait 10 mins. power up switch, if any. Wait 5 mins. Power up your server. Wait 10 mins. Power up the NDX. Wait 5 mins then restart app.

If no joy, info on Naim site here;

https://www.naimaudio.com/network-troubleshooting

It's also worth posting on the Naim forum

Good luck!

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks like Simon has given great advice. All I can add is that when we got a new router along with FTTP a couple of years ago, my Ethernet wired Linn streamer didn't work.

It turned out that the Ethernet sockets were switched off by default, so needed an Admin intervention to enable them. Everything else in the home is wireless and was working fine, so I hadn't twigged!

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have you split the bands on the BT router?

That may help.

BT and other ISP routers have been the cause of some streaming problems with Qobuz, some people have changed the router then the DNS address.

Never had a problem with ethernet ports on my router. After getting a new BT router I did have a problem finding my BluOs streamer on the network.

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As already mentioned. I simply turn everything off then boot up in sequence starting with the router and including the controlling device.
Good luck. All will be good.

pjon05

Wammer
Feb 20, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After a year or so, I discovered that getting a better quality network cable improved the sound if you are looking for higher resolution audio? I just went cat 8 in the end to be on the safe side, as they aren't expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.