was/is the purplepleaser
Wammer Plus
Nov 6, 2013
Manchester
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can hear it on my low rent system. I turned it off pretty much straight away though. Says more about me than the music

Reactions: kernow

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm not saying my speakers are bright but both cats jumped in the air when they heard it.

• Haha
Reactions: Lee M

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I got hotel California from a bird I was dating at Christmas, she broke up with me new year's Day

It's just too painful a listen
I mean generally, not for that reason
Did she jump out of the oven to be with you? Just checking as we are not in 1970.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Did she jump out of the oven to be with you? Just checking as we are not in 1970.
He was desperado and tried taking it to the limit when she had an easy peaceful feeling, in the city.

• Haha
Reactions: DomT

kernow

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 25, 2009
Devon
AKA
Shaun
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I'm Cornish btw, I call everyone bird, me ansom or my cocker

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm finding this thread a bit odd. So many people saying that they couldn't care less if the shaker is audible or not on their system. Is this supposed to be an audiophile forum? Isn't the point of an audiophile sound system to let you hear what's on a recording?
Am I missing something?
I don't see any oddness there. I'm confident that if the shaker is there on the recording, I would be able to hear it on my system. However, given the source material under discussion, I wouldn't bother to listen to it to make sure.

PeteVid

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
South East London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't see any oddness there. I'm confident that if the shaker is there on the recording, I would be able to hear it on my system. However, given the source material under discussion, I wouldn't bother to listen to it to make sure.
But isn’t that a tad ostrich like though? A simple test whereby the lack of that instrumental sound, when we know it is present on the source material, could be highlighting a deficiency in your system that you weren’t previously aware of.

Nativebon

MUZIC FIRST
Wammer Plus
Aug 9, 2018
London UK
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh well the human condition?.... And we wonder why we got real wars going on in the world. It starts from unnecessary fluff.:D

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
But isn’t that a tad ostrich like though? A simple test whereby the lack of that instrumental sound, when we know it is present on the source material, could be highlighting a deficiency in your system that you weren’t previously aware of.
If it's a tad anything, it is a tad can't be arsed. Your premise seems to me to be a tad audio nervosa - from listening to material that I actually want to listen to I'm happy that my system is resolving very well thanks and I don't need to play HC to prove it.

Reactions: kernow

karma67

Wammer
Feb 16, 2019
brighton
AKA
jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
its clear as a bell on the original vinyl as is the wind rush sound switching between speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online