Wammer
Wammer
Apr 5, 2007
London, , United Kin
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My room suffers this to some extent, mainly in the base frequencies. The solution is very simple - remove the room by using a decent pair of headphones/headamp. Having gone down this route (Audeze LCD 3/Trilogy 933) I'm finding myself listening to this setup more than through the amp and speakers, for digital anyway. It's a bit of a revelation to have such well defined base with no boom at all so that all the details are revealed and this seems to extend through the rest of the spectrum too. Certainly cans take a bit of getting used to but you soon fall into the sound. For folk with difficult rooms, ditch the hardware and invest in good headphones instead. WAF is very high and you can listen at decent playback levels without disturbing the neighbours. Not much cop for bakeoffs though :)

awkwardbydesign

Perfect, apparently.
Wammer
Mar 5, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not much cop for bakeoffs though :)
One of these on a table.

floats.jpg

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
My room suffers this to some extent, mainly in the base frequencies. The solution is very simple - remove the room by using a decent pair of headphones/headamp. Having gone down this route (Audeze LCD 3/Trilogy 933) I'm finding myself listening to this setup more than through the amp and speakers, for digital anyway. It's a bit of a revelation to have such well defined base with no boom at all so that all the details are revealed and this seems to extend through the rest of the spectrum too. Certainly cans take a bit of getting used to but you soon fall into the sound. For folk with difficult rooms, ditch the hardware and invest in good headphones instead. WAF is very high and you can listen at decent playback levels without disturbing the neighbours. Not much cop for bakeoffs though :)
You could treat your room of course to get rid of the bass issues.

Keith.

moggy58

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2011
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One of these on a table.
floats.jpg
Jecklin float electrostatic headphones, great sound but when you're wearing them you get funny looks from the rest of the family.

awkwardbydesign

Perfect, apparently.
Wammer
Mar 5, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jecklin float electrostatic headphones, great sound but when you're wearing them you get funny looks from the rest of the family.
Pah! I get that anyway.

Tenson

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2006
If you wear those outside you better bring a brolly! I imagine the manual says something like "Not suitable for use in damp conditions" ;)

sheggs

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2013
There are lots of really good looking and relatively inexpensive ways of room treatment these days as well though that are worth considering. Many acoustic companies offer free advice as well so you can get an idea without even having to purchase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles