Innuos Pulse

Tintinabulum

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 8, 2014
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There seemed quite a bit of potential interest in the above, they seem a little slow coming out though. Are they out in the wild? How do they sound? Anyone hear one at Bristol? I can't see much commentary, I'm thinking about trying one.

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After a quick Google and look on the Innuos website I'm not sure something called an "Innuos Plex" actually exists?

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Top of the range Pulsar, this is what you will get for £50 short of five grand.

PULSAR
Network Music Player + USB Reclocker
The PULSAR is the star of our PULSE Series. Sporting a full bead-blasted and anodised high-grade aluminium chassis yet the best is still reserved for the inside.
Packing a custom ARC6 module with Active Rectification, over 130000µF of Mundorf Capacitors, a Mundorf Output Cap, a large high-end inductor and a massive 300VA audio-grade toroidal transformer.
Instead of SPDIF and AES/EBU outputs, the PULSAR offers an optimised USB output to take sound quality to a whole new level by incorporating a PhoenixUSB Lite Reclocker.
The innuOS Operating System’s SSD is also upgraded to a SLC (Single-Level Cell) module, as opposed to the more common TLC (Triple-Level Cell) for the best durability and lower operating power noise.
The PhoenixUSB Lite board and SSD are powered by 2 independent CX Regulator Modules with Audionote KAISEI capacitors for a smooth yet fast and detailed sound.
Overall, the PULSAR will deliver you a large, deep soundstage with incredible instrument separation and true-to-life sound textures that brings true musical emotion to your home. Listen to what you have been missing!

Tintinabulum

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 8, 2014
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Top of the range Pulsar, this is what you will get for £50 short of five grand.

PULSAR
Network Music Player + USB Reclocker
The PULSAR is the star of our PULSE Series. Sporting a full bead-blasted and anodised high-grade aluminium chassis yet the best is still reserved for the inside.
Packing a custom ARC6 module with Active Rectification, over 130000µF of Mundorf Capacitors, a Mundorf Output Cap, a large high-end inductor and a massive 300VA audio-grade toroidal transformer.
Instead of SPDIF and AES/EBU outputs, the PULSAR offers an optimised USB output to take sound quality to a whole new level by incorporating a PhoenixUSB Lite Reclocker.
The innuOS Operating System’s SSD is also upgraded to a SLC (Single-Level Cell) module, as opposed to the more common TLC (Triple-Level Cell) for the best durability and lower operating power noise.
The PhoenixUSB Lite board and SSD are powered by 2 independent CX Regulator Modules with Audionote KAISEI capacitors for a smooth yet fast and detailed sound.
Overall, the PULSAR will deliver you a large, deep soundstage with incredible instrument separation and true-to-life sound textures that brings true musical emotion to your home. Listen to what you have been missing!
Thanks, looking for "lived experience". I thought there was more interest in the product.

nak

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2011
Mansfield-ish
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There seemed quite a bit of potential interest in the above, they seem a little slow coming out though. Are they out in the wild? How do they sound? Anyone hear one at Bristol? I can't see much commentary, I'm thinking about trying one.
I'm sure someone on here has a Pulse but I can't remember the username sorry. Might be worth asking in the 2 channel section.
I have heard the Pulse mini though and I was impressed by that.

Reactions: Tintinabulum

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm sure someone on here has a Pulse but I can't remember the username sorry. Might be worth asking in the 2 channel section.
I have heard the Pulse mini though and I was impressed by that.
Are you thinking @Lurch ? If so no he has a different, more expensive model. Although it maybe very similar, soundwise.

nak

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2011
Mansfield-ish
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are you thinking @Lurch ? If so no he has a different, more expensive model. Although it maybe very similar, soundwise.
No it's not Lurch. I believe he has the Zenith. As far as I know the Pulse can't rip cd's like the Zen but it's supposedly between the Zen and Zenith performance wise.

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Zenith if sourced s/h for around 2k would perhapsbprove to be the best value for money imo.
I can't think of any reason why I would want to change mine.
Usability, a lovely soundscape, & a tonality/musicality that is a good starting point for any system.
Great server/streamer/ripper. If only it made tea & toast ?

Reactions: newlash09

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Zenith if sourced s/h for around 2k would perhapsbprove to be the best value for money imo.
I can't think of any reason why I would want to change mine.
Usability, a lovely soundscape, & a tonality/musicality that is a good starting point for any system.
Great server/streamer/ripper. If only it made tea & toast ?
I'm interested in the Pulse because I don't need cd ripping.

Reactions: garn63

Tintinabulum

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 8, 2014
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
These are a new iteration, you would presume progess has been made rather than just removing a CD drive. I would assume Pulse for SPDIF, Pulsar for USB. Pulse not needing the significant extras re-clocking. plus separate PSs. Network perfection otherwise being obtainable externally, possibly cheaper, tweakable.

Kubs

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
Sutton, Surrey
AKA
Kub Johal
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reading up on the pulse range it seems they all have an in built DAC .... Although the term 'DAC' is never used in the marketing blurb.

The only reference I've come across is in the 'ear' pulse mini review.

Can anyone verify if the pulse mini or pulsar have a DAC and details of the DAC?

PhilofCas

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2011
Yorkshire
AKA
Yep
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reading up on the pulse range it seems they all have an in built DAC .... Although the term 'DAC' is never used in the marketing blurb.

The only reference I've come across is in the 'ear' pulse mini review.

Can anyone verify if the pulse mini or pulsar have a DAC and details of the DAC?
Hi,
It says on their website that the DAC is a TI PCM5102.
https://innuos.com/pulse-mini/

Reactions: Kubs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online