tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
A wammer listed in Ireland has just bought something from me and arranged pickup with ups.

Sent me the dockets to print out for parcel which said NI on them.

UPS just took them off me and said they may be sent back to me as they have no invoice with them. I hardly ever use couriers, so I had no idea I leave that ball in the buyers court. Anyone know if this is correct?

savvypaul

NVA Hi-Fi
HiFi Trade
Jan 11, 2017
Durham Uk
nvahifi.co.uk
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
NI remains in the European Single Market. GB does not.

Goods sent from GB to NI require commercial invoices; a description of the item(s), country of manufacture, commodity code, value. That sort of thing.

Customs might reject it, or they may insist that the courier supplies more information, or it might slip through unnoticed. Good luck.

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You aren’t exporting them. If he has arranged the courier, he is importing them and he should do the paperwork. The driver wasn’t wrong, but I guess he is assuming you raised the order.

Reactions: simon g

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
No linger active on this forum
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You aren’t exporting them. If he has arranged the courier, he is importing them and he should do the paperwork. The driver wasn’t wrong, but I guess he is assuming you raised the order.
This.

Yet another Brexit bonus I'm afraid. Moving stuff in to and out of England, Scotland and Wales to the EU is now a right PITA. I get involved in this at work; it can get very messy and is best left to the professionals.

marko

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 20, 2007
N.Yorkshire.
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had the same issue last week when the driver refused to pick up. He said if he took the goods, they would only be returned to me the next day without the required invoice. In my case, Buchardt Audio had forgotten to provide me with the required invoice. Once they did, it was ‘plain sailing’.
The recipient of the, consignment needs to send you an invoice including full description of the goods (and the price paid for them) and the cost of carriage to NI. Stick that along with the docket on the parcel, which hopefully should do the job! Good luck.

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
electronics
I once worked for a company that supplied laser equipment to a customer in a country where the USA had far too much say in what we could (or could not) export or what they could (or could not) import. I used to describe the contents as "electronics" without mentioning "laser" as that would have been a red rag to the customs guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.