13th Duke of Wymbourne

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
Dana Point, Ca
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will keep thinking them ridiculous on your behalf :ROFLMAO:

More seriously, if I were a rich man I'd love to buy some/all of the SR products and tear them down to see what they really do/what they are really made of. Just like the companies who tear-down new phones to see what is inside.

Reactions: Newton John

Newton John

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
May I ask - What is the SR Tranquility Pod?
They are small boxes about 10 x 10 x 2 cm that are intended to sit on or under electronic components. They are powered and have a separate earth connection. The manufacturer's promotional material makes little sense so they are mocked by some as snake oil. Yet those on here who have tried them report a remarkable beneficial effect on sound quality. They are usually sold on the basis that they can be returned for a full refund if not satisfied. I found the efect of three of them under my DSM and Exaktboxes gave an improvement similar to that of the Organik.Upgrade for a fraction of the cost.

13th Duke of Wymbourne

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
Dana Point, Ca
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here is a link to the product
https://www.synergisticresearch.com/isolation/tranquility-pod-carbon/

They've had a larger version called a Tranquility Base for some years that you would place components on top of. You can easily understand how it works from the description.

Not.

The description is just buzz-words, which makes me concerned that there is no substance. And I'm just suspicious of Ted Denney. But, if they work and are good value that is great - they are just low down on my list of tweaks to try.

Reactions: quinn_t and llatpoh

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here is a link to the product
https://www.synergisticresearch.com/isolation/tranquility-pod-carbon/

They've had a larger version called a Tranquility Base for some years that you would place components on top of. You can easily understand how it works from the description.

Not.

The description is just buzz-words, which makes me concerned that there is no substance. And I'm just suspicious of Ted Denney. But, if they work and are good value that is great - they are just low down on my list of tweaks to try.
I own 5 Tranquilty Pods of which one is the brand new just released Tranquility Pod Carbon. I have them placed on my Linn components, including my Klimax DSM/3 Hub.

Sound quality improvements are exceptional, and easily a component level upgrade.

They are designed to mitigate EMI interference inside an electronic component , and do a superb job of it. As Newton John mentions, on the order of magnitude of an Organik upgrade.

Reactions: Newton John

Newton John

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Merry Christmas, Linn Owners.

For the past couple of weeks I have been starting over with vinyl. The thing that has struck me most is how much things have moved on since I last had a turntable over four years ago.

At that time, I auditioned the then new Urika ii. Soundwise, it was subtly better than the original Urika. Now with the DSM/3 Hub, it sounds dramatically better due to the uprated clock in the NGKDSM. That's before bringing Karousel, Radikal 2 and Ekstatik into play.

Therefore, I consider that pitting the Klimax LP12 and NGKDSM against each other is perhaps no longer appropriate. In an Exakt system at least, they have a symbiotic relationship.

sktn77a

Audio Dinosaur
Wammer
Nov 11, 2014
NC, USA
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not following...... are you comparing analog to digital, or just analog through your digital setup?

arm

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 8, 2018
Toronto
AKA
Anthony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have been listening to my old generation Klimax hub (2020) and Organic Exaktbox a lot of late while the LP12 was back at the shop for a service and some upgrades (Ekstaik). Roon has introducing me to a lot of great new (to me) music and the streaming sounds wonderful out of my PMC Fact 12 speakers (also newish to me). The streaming sounds about as good as I remember the old LP12 and my question is, does anybody think the NGKDSM sounds better that their fully loaded LP12? It must be getting pretty close.
I'm looking at the Fact 8 as an upgrade from M140's. Was there any hardware changes to the Fact's to exact them , or just the specific Software profile for the Fact's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles