Long Shot

machone

Wammer
New Wammer
Mar 8, 2014
Holland
AKA
Richard
Listening to one of the Dutch stations NoS4 I think, Friday or Saturday, I heard the end of an extract from a contemporary French composer. Liked it but having searched can't find out what it was. It sounded a lot like Stravinsky Rite of Spring but more modern with lots of high woodwind. That's all I remember....like I said, a long shot. Anybody any ideas?

themadlatvian

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 28, 2008
Huddersfield
AKA
John
Not much to go on Richard. Have you tried contacting the radio station to ask them for a playlist. Most of our British stations (Classic FM for example) have their complete playlists available online.

Haven't much idea what it was you were listening to, sorry. Many 20th century composers were influenced heavily by Stravinsky.

My initial guess would be Darius Mihaud, but it is a stab in the dark.

Andrei

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2013
Napier
AKA
Andrei
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some stations only keep a record of their playlists temporarily, so if you follow John's suggestion you you should do it sooner rather than later.

Liberdade

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 24, 2014
Basel
AKA
David
Not much to go on (!), but some ideas are;

Olivier Messiaen

Éclairs sur l'au-delà, or Chronochromie, or Et exspecto resurrectionem mortuorum

Pierre Boulez

Figures-doubles-prismes, or Éclat/multiples

Henri Dutilleux

Métaboles

There are a few others that might also fit (for example, some of the spectral composers such as Gérard Grisey, or Tristan Murail), but it might be worth doing some googling / youtubing with the ones I've mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online