HiFi Trade
Sep 28, 2009
Huddersfield
AKA
David Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Now available to buy from my website is a split rail linear power supply for the Audiolab M-DAC, available with either silver or black case, the power supply can be supplied to work on 120V or 240V and comes with a power cord to suit your country, if you reside outside the EU and create an account on my website you will get your item without UK tax added on.

IMG_2216_zps23a67220.jpg

Here is a comment from the first tester of the power supply in the UK.

I plugged this in yesterday, after twenty seconds I came to the conclusion it's never going back!

Build quality is good. Nice solid case, four rubber feet. The main thing that used to concern me badly with the M-dac was the power connector, from the unit to the dac itself, flismy and unconvincing fit. I was never happy about it (could ruin the whole thing and I worried you can break it by looking at it too hard). This has been remedied by a much chunkier plug that fits convincingly now:Excuse the horrible quality photo, M-dac owners however will appreciate how much better this thing looks. It's a firm and convincing fit, a big weight off of my mind.

You might have read that I got some new isolation platforms not so long ago, they gave me a soundstage like I've never heard before. Adding this to the chain immediately improved this substantially!

All of a sudden my M-dac has control over the entire sound spectrum like never before.

Bass is deeper, but not overblown (drum and bass never sounded so damn good). It hits with such slam now! I didn't realise I was missing this until I heard the Lampizator a few days before, it hurt, losing that again... I feel happy to have it back and know it's going nowhere

Vocals and mids are to die for, they've always been something I've loved about my system, I worry that it can be taken too far, in this case, clarity has improved without sounding clinical, everything is so musical!

The top end is clean. Some music I have has analogue flaws added to the sound. Hisses crackles and pops sound so natural and organic. Cymbals decay properly, with the most delicate shimmer I didn't know my system could deliver.

I've not got a bad thing to say about this upgrade, every aspect of the sound has improved dramatically. I've bought a bespoke granite platform for it and some RDC cones to ensure it's properly isolated. David provided a no.27 cable to test it with. Great build quality, that's not going back either.

Any questions please e-mail me david@mcru.co.uk

The power supply is £360 on my website and all who have bought so far have been highly delighted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.