Wammer
Wammer
Oct 18, 2014
Canvey Island
AKA
Brian Limage
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Guys its still on my screen and i cannot remove it ... The bloody  thing pops up every time you return to the site !

As before i have clicked on the Mobile chat tab .  Clicked on the spanner and turned off the bottom option ...  I have also turned off all options !

But it is still there !!

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

whatsnext

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 15, 2009
Birmingham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What I found was the Chat Room opens a new tab. Set the preferences from the spanner and use the left arrow to "return" to the forum. Then close the tab you were using carrying on with the newly opened tab.

It did not always work the first time. Persist and tomorrow I will find it has come back again.

It isn't as easy as the Support Guys think.

whatsnext

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 15, 2009
Birmingham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That is an interesting situation isn't it. At least two of us are having the same experience but the technical people are not.

This reminds me of work where the latest version of software I use misbehaves in the latest version. Their technical support cannot reproduce the problems I experience with their software. Fortunatly there I can let colleagues see the same thing so they have to take us seriously or we don't pay them.

Which machines and browsers have been used to find it works fine for the "technical team" so I can perhaps change to that to avoid this annoying feature? Serious question Tech Team what did you test on?

I can make the pain go as advised BUT to do this it opens a new tab. After changing the setting use the back icon left of screen not back button and carry on from that newly opened tab, closing the tab I was using. I mainly use Activity Unread which refreshes the screen regularly. Leave that for an hour or two and the Mobile Chat thing returns.

I bet the tech team did not reproduce those circumstances.

Come on Respected members what am I doing wrong, tell/help me please

whatsnext

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 15, 2009
Birmingham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for your consideration.

I use iPad Mini2 Chrome Browser

iPhone 5 Chrome browser.

BTW I have closed down the iPad twice since your post but chat still displays

SergeAuckland

Certified Measurist
Wammer
May 6, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
On my Windows tablet and Windows laptop, I got rid of the chat tab, and it stayed off. On my Android tablet, it kept coming back regardless of how many times I got rid of it. I hardly ever use the Android tablet, but wanted to see whether it was different to Windows 10, and it was.

S

Brian28

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 18, 2014
Canvey Island
AKA
Brian Limage
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is still visible on my iPad guys ..  

i opened up Wigwam and it was still there , i refreshed  after just opening a new window and it dissapeared ! 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.