Nov 27, 2012
Brighton
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,

Selling my Music First Pre Classic V2 - SOLD

This is an amazing passive pre, the best pre amp I've ever owned. I've run it with valves, SS and with many different speakers including Cornwall's, Cheviot, Harbeth, Zingali and LS3/5A's.

Good condition, few very minor marks on the case work and some small wear on the front panel volume pot numbering (see photos), fully working.

Specs-

Inputs 4 x stereo unbalanced
2 x Stereo balanced

Outputs 1 x stereo unbalanced
1 x stereo balanced

Controls Level (24 position rotary switch)
Source 96 position rotary switch)
+6db (2 position toggle switch)
Grounding (3 position toggle switch)

Manual included.

No box but will be well packed if delivery required.

This model and spec is currently £2900 new (!) This is for sale SOLD (includes free insured delivery to anywhere in UK) Demo and collection from Brighton available.

Payment can be made cash on collection, bank transfer or Paypal F&F.

I'm a long time fully paid up wammer (10 years for my sins!).

Thanks, Simon

IMG_2469 by Paul Grant, on Flickr

IMG_2467 by Paul Grant, on Flickr

IMG_2462 by Paul Grant, on Flickr

IMG_2460 by Paul Grant, on Flickr

IMG_2481 by Paul Grant, on Flickr

IMG_2482 by Paul Grant, on Flickr

IMG_2480 by Paul Grant, on Flickr

Last edited:

Turn it up!

Wam Bam
Wammer Plus
Nov 27, 2012
Brighton
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
brilliant price for a lovely copper v2
Thanks! Yes, it a real thing of beauty and honestly the best pre I've ever owned. Having met Jonathan of Music First (total gent) and discussed the transformer builds you see how much of a real asset to the craft of UK hifi this small company is. I had the pre paired with a set of John Howes Quad II's, both guys have exhibited together over the years.

Reactions: callen24returns

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a silver V2 Classic which kicked a BAT VK5i valve pre out of my system because of the jaw dropping clarity it brings; worth also pointing out that the V2 transformers have considerably more tappings so finding the perfect volume level is far easier than with a V1; good luck with the sale though this deserves to be snapped up really quickly at this price.

Reactions: Turn it up!

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Congratulations MVJ, you will not be disappointed and I have found the gain uplift switch on the back is very handy if you own inefficient headphones.

Reactions: Turn it up! and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Congratulations MVJ, you will not be disappointed and I have found the gain uplift switch on the back is very handy if you own inefficient headphones.
It's for my son actually but it may get into my system for a listen at some point so thanks for the tips Ward👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.