SOLD - Music First Audio V2 Classic Silver Wound passive pre amp.

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
SOLD - This is my own Music First Audio Classic V2 Silver Wound passive pre amp.

After owning the Baby Classic, Classic V1 copper and then the Classic V2 copper I bought this silver wound V2 new in 2016 and it was the best of the lot by a mile. I have owned a number of active pre amps including some very nice valve pre amps and the Music First is just so much nicer than all of them with better transparency depth.

I am only selling to move up in the Music First range. There is very slight marking to the top plate on the edge but the front face is completely unmarked.

Comes complete with case.

Bargain price for a V2 silver wound. Price includes UK delivery by next day tracked DHL courier.

Payment by transfer, Paypal or cash.

Happy for collection near Melton Mowbray and also to demonstrate.

IMG_1676 by Nick Bacon, on Flickr

IMG_1678 by Nick Bacon, on Flickr

IMG_1680 by Nick Bacon, on Flickr

IMG_1679 by Nick Bacon, on Flickr

IMG_1681 by Nick Bacon, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
beautiful and a great price too . some years ago i upgradeded my silver mark 1 classic to a silver wound mark 2 at a pretty hefty cost i can tell you. the improvement was not subltle !!   

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fourlegs

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Does anyone have an idea how this would compare to a baby ref V1?

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
its not as good !! but then the baby v1 s/h costs at least another 1000 pounds if not more . 

this v2 classic though is absolutely brilliant , don`t hang about because they don`t come up all that often and one of the dealers is charging nearly this price for a classic mark one version .  

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Phil, thanks for your ever useful knowledge, I have to admit to zero experience with TVCs; Emporium have a 2020 refurbished black finish ref v1 at the sort of money you suggest hence my question. I have recently made a massive change to my main system in that I had to part with my much loved 2905s and have replaced them with ATC SCM50ASLTs but my current BAT V5i pre amp has more gain than the active speakers need so I'm investigating alternatives with limited gain. The VK5i sets an extremely high standard even if it limits control because of the gain it introduces.  My one concern with this pre amp is the description on the front panel does not identify the exact model, something that I expect music first could easily resolve but I would want sorted to proceed, I understand that I am second in line behind fourlegs for the item he wants to upgrade to though agreed that is a considerable additional outlay that I would prefer not to stretch to. Fourlegs can you pm me to discuss a way forward thanks - Ward

Reactions: hifinutt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles