My new toy has landed Proceed AVP2

hifinut

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 17, 2006
Ramsgate Southeast K
AKA
Paul
This is the replacement for the Stello dac/pre and it also does cinema too made by the Mark Levinson people and reported to have topend dac chips and well renouned to be top performance in straight stereo let alone surround duties shall get on hooking it all up and pics and full report later:cool:

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Very Nice:cool:

Always liked the look of the Proceed Kit. They where one of the first companieswith the forward thinking approach of scaliability in their product at the time, and basically was a baby Mark levinson with similar build quality aimed more at AV. Unfortuantely this division was closed when Harmann aquired Madrigal:(

Some close up pics please:)

hifinut

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 17, 2006
Ramsgate Southeast K
AKA
Paul
I had to fiddle a bit till I understood the settings menu
sad.png
and finally got sound :eek:j:eek:h boy is this clean sounding very open airy at the top good deep bass got to get an amp to run centre speaker though yes it seems to be an improvement to the stello even more tiny details come though I had'nt heard before.

Petergc

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2006
London, , United Kin
I've had one of these for some time, and it is an amazing bit of kit! Great analogue bypass gives two channel sound on a par with many high end preamps, and the av side works really really well, managing to sound natural and unforced. I bought the original avp after comparison with an Arcam AV8, which sounded really harsh compared to the proceed. The AVP2 is far better than the avp, with much improved bass, and a see through treble. With the latter, the dacs are similar quality to my Wadia, in that Ican happily listen using either the avp or thewadia dacs.

have you seen the (LONG) thread on avsforum?

hifinut

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 17, 2006
Ramsgate Southeast K
AKA
Paul
Iv had a chance to listen to more music today and wow it digs up more detail and sounds inky black between notes no noise whatsoever.

Just spun a dvd the detail from my speakers is just awe inspiring pity Iv not got centre sorted see people lips moving but no sound
sad.png
soon to get one this week though need to watch dvd's properly but can handle 10 mins to hear the quality effects
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
the Proceed by default goes into DD or DTS mode you cannot select anything else(unless I go into menu cant be botherd though) as Im centre less yet to fully appriciate it's capabilities.

hifinut

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 17, 2006
Ramsgate Southeast K
AKA
Paul
Iv not got an amp for my centre yet but have 2 Brystons a 4BST & 3BST thats why I have an advert trying to find somthing in the classifieds
smile.png
other than that things are fine.

Iv gone from a Yamaha av amp to this highend pre a massive leap:^

legzr1

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 21, 2005
Durham
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice bit of kit mate
smile.png

I was looking at these myself not too long ago to replace a Yam DSPE800 into a Krell 300i / MF 308 pre/power.

The plan was to import from the US together with a Theta Dreadnought but time/hassle/money got in the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles