Nagra failure.....

Leonard Smalls

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Shropshire Borders,
Nagras failing?

What is the world coming to! Our broadcast Nagra Ts and 4S's were built like a Rolex and never went wrong. Rolls Royce will be owned by furriners next!

mighty ant

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 26, 2006
London, England
AKA
Anthony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Leonard Smalls wrote:

Nagras failing?What is the world coming to! Our broadcast Nagra Ts and 4S's were built like a Rolex and never went wrong. Rolls Royce will be owned by furriners next!
Everthing fails in time including Nagras. Difference with hifi is that it rarely gets serviced until it goes wrong.

'Rolls Royce will be owned by furriners next" Already happened, only surprised TATA didn't put in an offer. :shock:

Elberoth

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 21, 2008
Poland
Sorry to hear that.

A friend of mine expirienced a tube (KR 845) failure twice in his VPA, but other that that - both VPA and PL-P are trouble free.

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
PS - 1st person to say i should have Naim kit as that doesnt break will be shot with a high powered water pistol.
It just had to be me :sw:

Lee you should have stuck with your Naim ;-)

mighty ant

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 26, 2006
London, England
AKA
Anthony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
badger748 wrote:

Yeah UK supplied, UK distributor, UK voltage - UK everything. I was only in the US on holiday - came back home to this problem - ive owned the PLP (in the UK) for 2 - 3 years !

Regards

Lee
Yes, but how old was it when you bought it, how many hours did the dealer put on it, and did they discharge the batteries as they should have done. Go onto the manufacturer's website and they will be able to tell you the age and history of the unit.

M.A.

KT66

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 15, 2005
, , United Kingdom
AKA
Barry Wom
you just ruined a dream of mine.

win the lottery and I would have got a Nagra pre and power after picking up my aston martin.

and now this

bastard.

mighty ant

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 26, 2006
London, England
AKA
Anthony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
badger748 wrote:

KT66 wrote:
you just ruined a dream of mine. win the lottery and I would have got a Nagra pre and power after picking up my aston martin.

and now this

bastard.
Yeah i know - questionable parentage.

That aside ..... if i won the lottery, id junk the hifi and have an endless stream of 20-something top heavygirls to keep me happy. Somehow hifi wouldnt be on my radar.
You will find them a lot more temperamental than hifi and require servicing more often. :bouncey: :Bouncey:

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
badger748 wrote:

HeyPS - 1st person to say i should have Naim kit as that doesnt break will be shot with a high powered water pistol.
oh yes it does and stright out the box too. known plenty needed sorting within a few months of being built cd player with wonky feet :D £2,700 and delivered needing "shims" fitted

Naim is good build better than many but thats how all kit should be built :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.