Pink Floyd - Which releases are worth buying and which to avoid?

Von Krolock

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 30, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The unconcealed anger of The Final Cut.
A Waters album in all but name. Incredible playing from the rest of the band.
The original CD is very good and the original LP also excellent.

SiB

SiB
Wammer
Aug 20, 2018
Sussex
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, The Final Cut is great on vinyl if you can find an original. Very dynamic !

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, The Final Cut is great on vinyl if you can find an original. Very dynamic !
I remember when I first played it and turned it up because it was so quiet at the start. Blimey.

macfan

LP12 Newbie
Wammer
Feb 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you are looking for vinyl or perhaps hi-res downloads, the more resent releases from Pink Floyd Records are all very good. James Guthrie, long time recording and live engineer for the band, does outstanding work an his takes on these albums are very good. Here is a sample of what I would look for.

• Meddle
  • Dark Side of the Moon
  • Wish You Where Here
  • Animals
  • The Wall
  • The Final Cut
  • Momentary Lapse of Reason (MLOR)
  • The Division Bell
  • Pulse (live album that I like quite a bit)

Of course, it is worth exploring "The Early Years" as well but I feel this list has something for everyone it. MLOR is underrated in my opinion - I think there are very good tracks on this album with the standout being "Sorrow" and the title track to "The Division Bell" is sublime.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's a new Atom Heart Mother release coming out, a japanese edition which has a blu-ray disc also. They found the original master tape in a fan's garage, of a recording of Floyd's first gig in japan in 1971. I believe the film part is 16 minutes in duration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online