Preamp advice please

Eggie

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Braintree Essex
AKA
Martin
dont know about the lumley but try the croft website and then check out the croft vitale on google no remote or dac tho but a cracking pre I used it with a series 4 power it was mega through a small pair of Loth X

kougis

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 13, 2013
Crete
AKA
Manos
AVM Evolution V3

gy2udyny.jpg
ujuhugez.jpg

Do you know something about this pre?

THOMO

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 10, 2010
Western Australia
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Kougis,

The Usher 1.5 amps are deserving of a very good preamp.

You also need to understand that they need a preamp with an abnormally high gain to work properly because they have an input sensitivity of only 1.6 volts.

My advice would be to buy something cheap like a NAD 1155 or 1300 which sound surprisingly good, should have enough gain and are very cheap and then save up for something like the Mystere.

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I like my Doge 8, great if you can find one :^ Very good value!

Mine might be available soon but would not be able to ship, no box and its a heavy beast!

Synsei

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2010
Northamptonshire, UK
AKA
Dave
My Classé Audio DR5 will be up for sale sometime in the next couple of weeks, it delivers the gain you will need, it has an excellent MM/MC phono stage, balanced and coaxial inputs/outputs and is built like a tank. I should mention that the circuitry is all discrete, there's no remote function however. I would be looking for around 500 quid for it although I am open to negotiation.

kougis

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 13, 2013
Crete
AKA
Manos
My Classé Audio DR5 will be up for sale sometime in the next couple of weeks, it delivers the gain you will need, it has an excellent MM/MC phono stage, balanced and coaxial inputs/outputs and is built like a tank. I should mention that the circuitry is all discrete, there's no remote function however. I would be looking for around 500 quid for it although I am open to negotiation.
Nice preamp. I will think about.

Can I plug a sub on it? Does it have 2 preouts?

kougis

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 13, 2013
Crete
AKA
Manos
I have the 1.5 also, I am using a wadia 302 cd/pre straight into it, stunning! Its the best 2 box system I have heard,
The inputs are coax or optical?

kougis

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 13, 2013
Crete
AKA
Manos
I have the 1.5 also, I am using a wadia 302 cd/pre straight into it, stunning! Its the best 2 box system I have heard,
I want to connect more than a CD player on the amp.

With this i cannot connect anything else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.