Linn Owners

Problems with Today's Konfig Update - No Devices now Displayable.

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I downloaded an update just now for Konfig to the latest version.

Having problems. No devices are displayed on the main page even when switching from the DS and KK. The other tabs appear normally.

Is this an update issued today? I updated only two days ago - seems too soon for another update.

Anyone else having this problem today?

Konfig 4.37.165 is the installed version currently showing.

Have just rebooted and it's still no different - seems to be searching for devices with a spinning circle on the main tab.

EDIT: Have just uninstalled it and re-installed. Problem still there. Any ideas anyone?

EDIT AGAIN: Now fixed - turned the whole system off at the mains for a few minutes and then switched everything on again :)

Last edited:

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Konfig 4.37.165 is the installed version currently showing.
Yes, that’s the latest version, installed it last night. It finds everything of mine without issue.

’troll

Reactions: Imseti

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have just uninstalled it and re-installed. Problem still there. Any ideas anyone?

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Firewall, antivirus or Java settings?

Konfig diagnostics​

Konfig not reverting back to non-Beta Application version​

If you have unchecked the Beta application release of Konfig this only stops checking to see if a beta release exists. It does NOT revert you back to the official release.
If you want to install the official release then go to www.Linn.co.uk/software and redownload/install the current version of Konfig.

If you start Konfig and only get a white screen or only shows toolbar with no "Show devices" button:​

Windows1. Go into Google Chrome - Settings - Show advance settings2. Select Privacy - Content settingsa) If ""JavaScript is "Do not allow any site to run Javascript" change this to "Allow all sites to run JavaScript"3. OK out of this & restart KonfigMAC OSX1. Go into Preferences - Java2 Go to Security and reduce security level from Very High to High3 Ok out of this and restart KonfigIf this does not cure the issue then in MAX OSX1. Run Konfig2. Open Internet Explorer/Safari3. Type in http://localhost:5011 into the IE address bar4. If Safari reports "Safari can’t open the page “http://localhost:5011”, because the server "localhost” is missing" then
  • Open the Utilities/Terminal App and type sudo nano /etc/hosts you should see some text. It should look like this:
##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost

• if this file/box is empty then enter the information shown above, into the /etc/host box and exit by using the "ctrl" X keys then Y to confirm the save. We want to save the fie in Mac format, so press the Esc (Escape) key and then press M (this is what the M- means in the help bar).
5. Reboot your MAC to ensure that these new settings are being used and retry Konfig.

After the update some PC/MAC cannot find any Linn DS/DSM products:
Do the following procedure:

1. If you are using Norton Anti-virus, make sure that the new Konfig is added an exception2. Restart your PC/MAC and retry Konfig 10a) Press the SHOW DEVICES buttonb) If a number appears beside the Updates tab (top of Konfig screen,i) Press the Updates tab and press UPDATE beside your Linn DS/DSM nameii) Wait until he update is finished and Press the SHOW DEVICES button. Your DS should now appear.
If your Linn DS/DSM is not listed

3. Press the ADVANCED tab and see if your Linn DS/DSM is listed here

If neither of these two options workFollow the Konfig 10 diagnosticsIf doing a Advanced download Konfig reports "cannot find directory.."Check that1. You can typed the correct file location and file name in to the download field2. Konfig 4.10.5-4.11.2 needs internet access before doing the file update. Make sure that you have an Internet link BEFORE opening Konfig

When entering the room dimensions in Space Optimisation, clicking the tick box deletes the values enteredUse the 'Enter' key or the 'Tab' key instead of the tick box.

’troll

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I normally use an M1 MACBook Air which I recently updated to Venture 13.0.1 for running Konfig via Wifi. I was trying to update my KRDS the other night and kept getting 'Update Failed'. Tried it on my PC and it worked (but seemed slow). Today I checked and my MAC reported another Davar update 4.97.473 so tried an update and it is still failing from my Mac. Not had chance to properly investigate yet but wondering if anyone else is having problems updating via MAC Konfig?

CounterTenor

Wammer
Mar 3, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is great to see everyone helping one another out: that is the bright spirit of this forum.
Sadly, we have spent far too much on our gear to have such poorly designed software. Linn has never been at the forefront of reliable and effective programming.

Last edited:
  • Upvote
Reactions: Wenge1

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I normally use an M1 MACBook Air which I recently updated to Venture 13.0.1 for running Konfig via Wifi. I was trying to update my KRDS the other night and kept getting 'Update Failed'. Tried it on my PC and it worked (but seemed slow). Today I checked and my MAC reported another Davar update 4.97.473 so tried an update and it is still failing from my Mac. Not had chance to properly investigate yet but wondering if anyone else is having problems updating via MAC Konfig?
An update that I should have reported some 10 days ago. A simple reboot of everything fixed the problem. Probably ethernet over mains plugs were the culprit. So no blame on Linn this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.