Qobuz track skipping

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Spoke slightly too soon - but setting Persistent mode seems to have fixed it.

Reactions: bencat

theadmans

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2007
Hertford, , United K
AKA
Adam
On LMS if you do not want gapless then under player settings - audio which under extra settings you need to set crossfade to None . Sorry if this is what you are already saying but just checked my settings and this is how it appears .

This is interesting - I have had a long running problem of Qobuz played through Squeezelite not playing albums gapless. Albums like Dark Of The Moon don't sound right at all.

I have never looked at the Crossfeed settings. I had it set to Crossfeed NONE.

Is this likely causing the problem in Qobuz?

What should I set it to out of Crossfeed, Fade In, Fade Out, Fade In and Out?

Also what do set for Smart Crossfeed, Crossfeed Across Different Sample Rates, Crossfeed Duration?

Sorry if I seem a bit thick on this. Wouldn't it be easier to just have Gapless On / Off?

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
First of all you need to remember how old LMS is and at that time gapless was not a thing so it was called what it was at the time which is cross fade . You can set any of the options whichever suits you so just a gentle fade out of the track playing and straight on to the next or gentle fade out and gentle fade in . Enable the smart crossfade as well if you are going to use this feature and see if that suits you . Also please remember these are player settings so only apply to that player . If like me you have more than one then you need to set your preferences on each player .

Man in a van

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2012
Staffordshire
AKA
Ronnie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
LMS plays Gapless by default

Try these, these work for me (pretty sure they are default)

Playing Michael Nesmith "Live at the Britt Festival 1992"

ronnie

Edit: should add this is from my own collection of ripped CDs

Reactions: Tony_J

theadmans

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2007
Hertford, , United K
AKA
Adam
LMS plays Gapless by default

Try these, these work for me (pretty sure they are default)

Playing Michael Nesmith "Live at the Britt Festival 1992"

ronnie

Edit: should add this is from my own collection of ripped CDs

So why is Crossfeed set to NONE?

I was thinking from what had been said previously that setting Crossfeed to NONE means you don't get Gapless.

Just to clarify I only have a problem with Qobuz not being played gapless (when played through the LMS plugin).

Man in a van

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2012
Staffordshire
AKA
Ronnie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I was thinking from what had been said previously that setting Crossfeed to NONE means you don't get Gapless.

Just to clarify I only have a problem with Qobuz not being played gapless (when played through the LMS plugin).

Well try the settings, they either work or they don't :)

Was your last problem the same with Tidal ??

theadmans

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2007
Hertford, , United K
AKA
Adam
Yes I will try your settings later (when I can get access to the lounge).

• All players in the Logitech/Slim Devices Squeezebox range support gapless playback for all gapless formats (lame MP3, FLAC, Vorbis, etc.). Crossfading is also optionally available.

From that it seems Crossfeed and Gapless aren't the same thing - thanks.

I have never used Tidal but I have noticed the problem with Qobuz. I may even be confusing the gapless problem with the track skipping (also mentioned in this thread).

On my setup Qobuz (played with SqueezeLite) doesn't like albums like Dark Side that have tracks segued together.

I don't have a problem with LMS playing my Flac files.

Man in a van

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2012
Staffordshire
AKA
Ronnie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well you never eplied to the old thread, so we don't know if anything changed in regard to the LMS version you were / are using.

All the good stuff is in LMS V8.4.0 and there have been updates to the Qobuz Plugin (some of which might not be retrospective, depending on the LMS Version)

ronnie

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is interesting - I have had a long running problem of Qobuz played through Squeezelite not playing albums gapless. Albums like Dark Of The Moon don't sound right at all.

I have never looked at the Crossfeed settings. I had it set to Crossfeed NONE.

Crossfade is not gapless and really you don't want it on most music, it will fade out and back in again, albums such as DSOTM and Quadrophenia will not sound right. You want gapless, so turn off crossfed.

Track skipping and gapless are completely different issues.

I never have a problem with gapless on Qobuz but I use BluOs.

theadmans

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2007
Hertford, , United K
AKA
Adam
Well you never eplied to the old thread, so we don't know if anything changed in regard to the LMS version you were / are using.

All the good stuff is in LMS V8.4.0 and there have been updates to the Qobuz Plugin (some of which might not be retrospective, depending on the LMS Version)

ronnie

Yes sorry - I have stuck to version V7.9.1 (so that is probably the problem).

I get nervous upgrading.

I still use Windows 7 for the same reason!

When I saw the comment about the Crossfeed I thought taht might be an easy solution.

I'll have to pluck up courage to upgrade LMS (and hope everything still works!)

Last edited:

Man in a van

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2012
Staffordshire
AKA
Ronnie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes sorry - I have stuck to version V7.9.1 (so that is probably the problem).

I get nervous upgrading.

I still use Windows 7 for the same reason!

When I saw the comment about the Crossfeed I thought taht might be an easy solution.

I'll have to pluck up courage to upgrade LMS (and hope everything still works!)
Just make a back up first :)

Reactions: theadmans

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You really do need to update that is a very old version of LMS .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online