Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was supposed to be over at the NEC yesterday for Crufts but the manky weather put the kybosh on that. Still, went for a wander around Stapleford for an hour or so instead. The fresh air, heavy with moisture, really helped bring out the colours. The downside is that whilst there was only light drizzle, the 6D threw a wobbly where the press of any button caused the thing to go into live view. Left it overnight (with the battery out) and fortunately it's back to working ok now. Lesson learnt I suppose, although I've never had a Nikon misbehave like this.

IMG_0108-Edit.jpg

Canon EOS 6D/70-200 f2.8L IS II

Sumdumgi

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Friday evening, Star Gazing with a great gent called Andy Grey at the Lord Crewe Arms in Blanchland, First attempt at taking photos of the night sky.

Does he run courses/tutor in that area ? Would appreciate a link if so (y)

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Sumdumgi

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It was the last winter event, but they start again in October, it was star gazing, dinner and talk/presentation. He is a fantastic chap with heaps of knowledge. Mentioned they may do astro photography also later in the year. This is the only write up I could find about it. https://www.northpennines.org.uk/event/stargazing-with-andy-gray-at-the-lord-crewe-arms/

Ah right. Thanks, I was vaguely aware of the North Pennines events and had been on a photography one led by someone who turned out to be pretty poor. I gave any subsequent events a wide berth. It wasn’t Andy Gray by the way so I’ll pop my name back on their event mailing list and see what turns up.

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ah right. Thanks, I was vaguely aware of the North Pennines events and had been on a photography one led by someone who turned out to be pretty poor. I gave any subsequent events a wide berth. It wasn’t Andy Gray by the way so I’ll pop my name back on their event mailing list and see what turns up.
we didn't go via that website, we just booked it through the venue because we like it there and thought it would be nice. it's more of a beginners into to astronomy but a great evening eve if you know a fair bit. food was 10/10.

Sumdumgi

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
we didn't go via that website, we just booked it through the venue because we like it there and thought it would be nice. it's more of a beginners into to astronomy but a great evening eve if you know a fair bit. food was 10/10.

Know the hotel well, eaten there but not stayed. My wife is fascinated by the stars so couple that with a nice hotel she’d be well happy 😀

• Love
Reactions: Roo

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Took a drive up to the Lincs Wolds this morning for a pleasant stroll in the fresh air. Managed to fall *rse over t*t climbing off the other side of this stile. Just as well the D200's built like a tank. :D

D20_8642.jpg

Nikon D200/Tokina 12-24 ATX Pro f4
I like the Wolds. I used to cycle over there when I was a boy. Picnic lunch. Not very hilly in that Image.

Reactions: Gromit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online