Resolution Audio Cantata MC

M

mr.gregdee

I recontacted the importer and was promised the demo unit for the week after.No contact came.

I borrowed a PSAudio PerfectWave DAC with bridge and have been very impressed. It has bass and musicality through the bridge that neither Linn unit had. It is less money than the Akurate and Cantata (although to give it the CD unit as well brings it to the same price point as the Cantata). The Bridge works well on Upnp.

I would have liked to hear the Cantata but patience wore thin and the PSAudio did what I wanted so I ordered one. Waiting for stock, but loaning the demo unit from a very nice dealer in Stockton.
Ian ,hi - you really have a bad luck with dealer .My supplied it 2 days after I asked about ,and left it for whole week with me to play with without single penny deposit even .

I can drop you a mobile if you want ,however we live quite far from each other so not sure if it gonna work .He also had cantata integrated on the hand ,but i was not interested anyway - too much power for me ;-D

About PS A PW - my ears completely agree with yours here :-D

Plus that PW is easy available on the s/h market for half price ,what really makes a difference.

IanS

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2006
, , United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
Thanks Greg, One of the reasons I didn't pester the distributor any more was that the Upnp functionality is quite important to me, so without it it would just be a frustrating exercise finding out I liked the sound. The Cantata is such a good looking product though.

Mojoe

Wammer
New Wammer
Aug 27, 2011
Munich, Germany
Hello Martin,

a few weeks ago I had a chance to listen to a cantata MC. The dealer told me, that it is already upgraded to 192/24 asynchronous mode at the USB 2.0 port and I could see it on the display of the CMC. The music came from a mac-mini to the CMC using the USB port. Now, if Jeff Kalt told you, that the CMC will be upgraded to USB 2.0 192/24 late this year something seems to be wrong here. I mean Jeff Kalt should really know if the upgrade is already available!!! When did you talk to Jeff?

Does somebody out there know more about this?

Joe

Nicknick

Wammer
New Wammer
Aug 18, 2011
Germany
AKA
Martin
Hello Mojoe,

the dealer is definately wrong! Have a look at the resolution homepage. There yo can read: "USB up to 96kHz / 24-bit using asynchronous mode".

Martin

f1eng

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2009
Wantage, U K
AKA
Frank
Sorry, didn't notice the question until now.

My Cantata is 24/96 asynchronous on the USB input, 24/192 on the SPDIF and AES inputs. This is standard and in the manual, on the website.

I will upgrade as and when available.

cheers

f1eng

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2009
Wantage, U K
AKA
Frank
Hi Martin,

I was answering Joe, not you.

Perhaps his dealer confused the spec of the different inputs. Maybe I am too charitable.

I am not using my Cantata in my main system at the moment.

Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online