Weirdo Mosher Freak
Wammer Plus
Dec 24, 2010
Norfolk, UK
AKA
Sera
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reminds me of a certain fuse debacle from a few years ago...

Russ Andrews should sell white goods and leave audiophiles in peace. But that's the world we live in.
Not with those likely non-compliant mains cables... be interesting to know what their ratings are, insulation thickness etc. That said, actually I don't want to know. If people want to keep paying for this stuff then good on them. I wish I had the same level of literally disposable income.

Nativebon

MUZIC FIRST
Wammer Plus
Aug 9, 2018
London UK
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I got rid of all his stuff from my system, used to suck the life out of it. Squashed Dynamics and all. Must say made some good speaker cables like the 8TCs, which I liked, apart from that never bought any item from Russ since at least 10yrs ago now. 

Hifi jewellery anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: StingRay and MVJ

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've seen a lot worse, to be fair. On the other hand, why bother? Why would you daisy-chain the connections and not even run a loop back from the end of the chain to the beginning? Basically, there's no difference between that and a 'standard' bus-bar type of mains block, other than the wiring material. There's no filtering in it, other than the basic 'clamp' type board on the input.

The real issue is obviously value for money. You can make your own minds up about that...

Nativebon

MUZIC FIRST
Wammer Plus
Aug 9, 2018
London UK
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This industry is getting worse.. 

Decent quality MK block is all you need. 
Some fool will buy it no doubt. 
Exactly!! Tried them all from different manufacturers. They either made my system sound worse, or at best sounded better in one area and worse in another area of performance. 

I now use an eight way well made industrial mains block. No funny business.

listenup

Wammer
Wammer
May 16, 2006
nr Cambridge, ,
AKA
Bob
What a rubbish review - in fact it is not a review at all, just intended to jump on the bandwagon and kick RA.

"Just 3 wires", but I can see 4 in each silver bundle, which shows the rigour and inaccuracy of a rant intended to impress you with his diy skills. Building his own block using standard wall sockets and he thinks it will perform better than a silver wired block that he has not even bothered to try.

Of course his will be better than RA - because it's cheap! If that is the criteria by which all hifi products should be judged there will be no hfi industry soon.

savvypaul

NVA Hi-Fi
HiFi Trade
Jan 11, 2017
Durham Uk
nvahifi.co.uk
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
When I was looking to have a dedicated radial installed, I came across the RA 'breathed on' consumer unit for around £250. It was cryogenically treated and the contacts were cleaned with De-Oxit.

My electrician found me the same 'not breathed on' unit for £36, I already had some De-oxit in the cupboard...and it's always bloody cold up here, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online