bmtell

Wammer
Wammer
May 9, 2010
Northampton
AKA
Mark
It's started. :D

Bit nervy off the first tee. Not really sure about the Westwood/Molinari pairing as neither of them are that hot with a putter.

Think it should be very close this year. Reckon we'll need a decent lead before the singles.

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
Really don't like the way it's got so uber competitive, aggressive and hostile - should be a bit of end of season fun but it's becoming more and more like a boxing match sort of atmosphere.

Zach Johnson (who is deeply religious and normally very passive) looked like he was ready to rip someones head off as be came onto the first tee. :nup:

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Really don't like the way it's got so uber competitive, aggressive and hostile - should be a bit of end of season fun but it's becoming more and more like a boxing match sort of atmosphere.Zach Johnson (who is deeply religious and normally very passive) looked like he was ready to rip someones head off as be came onto the first tee. :nup:
I know. Worse than a Teddy Ray gun thread... :D All the hype too. Golf is normally avoidable, but Ryder Cup hype not so avoidable on likes of Radio 5.

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
Oh and is it just me or is that 'knuckle touching' thing every time a good shot is played really necessary. Pointless, childish and deeply annoying if you ask me. :grrr:

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
It really brings out the worst in the Septics. A real suprise that Westwood was found wanting again, Donalds not far behind, I only watch the Ryder Cup and Majors, these two seem to be real bottlers.

Cheers BB

bmtell

Wammer
Wammer
May 9, 2010
Northampton
AKA
Mark
That didn't go quite as planned.

Bit of a team talk and some decent pairs selected and hopefully we can get back on track.

Petrat

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 7, 2009
Northamptonshire
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yeah, it takes a special personality to respond positively to the kind of hostile environment the Americans have created, someone who deep-down truly believes in themselves. Not sure some of the Europeans have that.

Hope I'm wrong, though ....

G

That didn't go quite as planned.Bit of a team talk and some decent pairs selected and hopefully we can get back on track.
I think we did well to be only 3-5 down :nerves: . We only just won it last time and the course has been set up not to punish erratic driving . Westwood Achilles heel is not holing enough puts and on slick greens he steers the ball down rather that going for it. Colsaerts should play both sessions today . He was immense yesterday . Mcilroy and G mac need to take a good look at themselves . Over confident in the morning and nearly came unstuck and had their arse handed to them on a plate in the afternoon by playing singles golf rather than team

B

batman

to be fair guys , the americans played some of the finest ryder cup fourballs i,ve seen . must be soul destroying..

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
The Yanks made plenty of birdies and fully deserved the lead. Don't think the European pairings have been particularly inspired though.

Westwood paired with Donald in this mornings foursomes - surely not a good idea. :doh:

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
to be fair guys , the americans played some of the finest ryder cup fourballs i,ve seen . must be soul destroying..
To paraphrase a certain chosen one, not being able to feed your kids is soul destroying. Loosing the four ball? Not even in the same league...

bmtell

Wammer
Wammer
May 9, 2010
Northampton
AKA
Mark
I reckon this mornings pairings are pretty decent.

I'm worried about the form of some of our players and think we might get battered in the singles tomorrow.

I heard a report yesterday that some of the EuroWags got abuse yesterday when the crowd got over the ropes. Terribly bad form.

B

batman

:eek:t:

To paraphrase a certain chosen one, not being able to feed your kids is soul destroying. Loosing the four ball? Not even in the same league...

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
Westwood paired with Donald in this mornings foursomes - surely not a good idea. :doh:
Beaten 7&6.

After Fridays compelling evidence picking Westwood, Donald, and for that matter Garcia, for this mornings foursomes was an utter fuck-up by Olazabel.

So as well as being the best choice for Liverpool manager, it's now clear I should also be the next European Ryder Cup captain. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.