Scalford 2016 impressions

vinilli

Wammer
New Wammer
Jan 30, 2014
London
AKA
Chris
This is my first post on this forum, so be kind.

I made the trek to Scalford Sunday morning, arriving just after opening. Friendly people at entrance. After i looked at the program and asked for directions, they patiently explained the rabbit warren that is Scalford. In fact all people I met were friendly. Not a single exhibitor refused to play my left field music. All I had to do was to ask if they took requests and the answer was always yes.

The variety on show was extraordinary. I managed to visit almost all rooms but it would have been great to return to some for more insight, unfortunately time ran out.

General impressions: There is no correlation between age, cost or price of a system and quality. In fact some of the best rooms were vintage, DIY or (relatively) low cost affairs.

All of the exhibitors deserve applause, whether I liked the system or not, because it was obvious they all made the effort and after all personal differ. Just to clarify my tastes: I like music to sound live. Skale is important to me. I like neutrality but don't like aggressive treble. On the other hand dull rolled off treble doesn't do it for me. I prefer vinyl but ther is some good digital around. Tubes have a certain magic but so has cla

So here is my list of highlights

SergeAuckland

Certified Measurist
Wammer
May 6, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Go on, don't keep us in suspense..... ;-)

Welcome to the 'wam, and glad you enjoyed Scalford.

S

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Welcome, glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was one of the best shows yet. The extra rooms and extra space afforded by the pavillion really worked. Everyone said the Park and Ride was a massive success. Really pleased to have my room full almost all day.

hillbilly

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 30, 2011
north york moors
AKA
graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Welcome, glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was one of the best shows yet. The extra rooms and extra space afforded by the pavillion really worked. Everyone said the Park and Ride was a massive success. Really pleased to have my room full almost all day.
enjoyed your room myself esp the turntable but did wonder why they couldnt have provided a door key instead of fire extinguisher !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online