Second thoughts re: upgrade plans

Dasher

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Enjoy it Andy!

I left mine spinning for about 48 hours and it really opened up after this bedding in period.

David

Andyt916

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2020
Hertfordshire, UK
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've not had as much chance for listening this weekend as I'd hoped but initial impressions are:

Lots of nice detail improvements, I'm hearing little variations and nuances in the riffs and turnarounds that I'd not been aware of before. But, the "killer" improvement is the bass! Now, I'm not really a "bass-head" and have always had a system that veers towards the bright (my speakers are not huge and I had a Mission Cyrus One for many years  :D ). But, this upgrade has brought the system to life in the bass department. And that has impacted the whole system. In the case of a couple of my reference albums:

Second Coming, The Stone Roses - the complex intro to the first track was handled with aplomb, then the expanded bass kicked in and I was listening to tracks as never before. To the extent that a few of the tracks that I had previously considered as "fillers" and never really got into were absolutely stand-out!

Knife, Aztec Camera - not so much bass difference here, but what this has done is just enhance the overall tone of the vocals in particular, bringing a fabulous richness to the whole presentation.

Overall first impressions are very positive and I'm looking forward very much to discovering a "whole new record collection"!

Reactions: akamatsu

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Much fuller and much more musical bass, and tracks that you didn't care for before sounding quite enjoyable are consistent with my experience. Brilliant! Keep spinning and enjoying. We look forward to further impressions.

Reactions: Andyt916

Andyt916

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2020
Hertfordshire, UK
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks to all for the encouragement and advice. I've had the chance to listen to a bit more music following @Dasher's advice to leave it spinning for a couple of days to bed in.

In truth, I could write an essay on the musical benefits that I'm experiencing, however I shall sum it up in reporting that half-way through side two of an old faithful - Thick as a Brick - I found myself desperate to visit the smallest room in the house yet was unable to tear myself away from the music!

PS. No animals, furniture or clothing were harmed in the making of this listening session  ;-) !!!

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks to all for the encouragement and advice. I've had the chance to listen to a bit more music following @Dasher's advice to leave it spinning for a couple of days to bed in.

In truth, I could write an essay on the musical benefits that I'm experiencing, however I shall sum it up in reporting that half-way through side two of an old faithful - Thick as a Brick - I found myself desperate to visit the smallest room in the house yet was unable to tear myself away from the music!

PS. No animals, furniture or clothing were harmed in the making of this listening session  ;-) !!!
I've read many a hifi review in my days, but this is the best review ever!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online