Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Used for a few hours but now I have active speakers in the main rig it seems a waste to have these sitting around.

Two sets of four Gold Furutech FP-202G locking "piggyback" banana plugs with original boxes, and 2 x 5m Van Damme UP-LCOFC 6mm speaker cables, attached by the double screws rather than soldered. Typical rock solid Furutech construction for an excellent connection to Van Damme's largest diameter speaker cable. Heatshrink for identification has not been heated or shrunk!

The piggyback obviously allows for bi-wiring or general messin' about with cables. I was going to see if I could hear any difference between the 6mm pair, a separate 4mm pair and the two piggybacked for a 10mm pair... but then went active.

FP-202G retail at £69/pair, Van Damme 6mm at £7/unterminated metre, so total new price £208. Will list on the 'bay at £150 in a few days time, looking for £140 inc shipping to a discerning wammer... as the plugs rarely come up used, all are in perfect nick and there is nothing to go wrong with the cables (well, unless you plug them in the wrong way round in which case the music sounds congested 🤔).

EDIT: As I realise folk may not want both, I'll sell the RRP £138 plugs separately for £100 £80 shipped and the £70 speaker cable separately for £50 £40 shipped, both together for £140 shipped. Those is Wam prices right there, those is.

If not sold here in next 48 hours I'll put them on the 'bay as a bundle for £160. Buy now while stocks last!

image.png View attachment 39103 50640896412_b3e852e945_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep, even the fat one is cheap compared with anything other than bellwire and it's properly engineered for those who care about/believe in cable design principles/folklore* (delete as applicable according to personal belief system!) with multi-stranded lightly twisted oxygen free copper.

F

forgot-my-id

Its true that some cables "sound" better than others, why, I have no idea.

Tarzan

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2007
Hornchurch, England
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
l myself have this cable and it is off the charts VFM let me tell you, possibly all the cable one would need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheFlash

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll take the cable please Nigel, and if the bundle price is updated to reflect the price drop (80+40-10 combined=£110 shipped) then I'll take the lot.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had some fun with the new cables tonight. Get them out of the box, think these look like real quality cables and connectors. Tighten up the loose screws at the back then connect them to the speakers. Bugger they won't go in they're too big. Realise the screws I tightened are actually the the locks, unscrew them, put them in, screw again, tight fit won't come out now. Wow these are even better quality than I thought.

Sit down for some listening. Funny, not much bass for such chunky cables and they don't quite sound right. Take the links out, use my old cables for high and mid, new ones for bass. That sounds better but the bass is still a bit light. Port bungs out, getting there but not quite.

30 mins of listening, hmm a bit phasey maybe. Follow the marks along the cable, one end has red and white swapped around. Swap them over, lovely, all sounding right at last. Take out old cables again, replace wire links. All is good at last, worth it in the end
smile.png

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheFlash

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had some fun with the new cables tonight. Get them out of the box, think these look like real quality cables and connectors. Tighten up the loose screws at the back then connect them to the speakers. Bugger they won't go in they're too big. Realise the screws I tightened are actually the the locks, unscrew them, put them in, screw again, tight fit won't come out now. Wow these are even better quality than I thought.

Sit down for some listening. Funny, not much bass for such chunky cables and they don't quite sound right. Take the links out, use my old cables for high and mid, new ones for bass. That sounds better but the bass is still a bit light. Port bungs out, getting there but not quite.

30 mins of listening, hmm a bit phasey maybe. Follow the marks along the cable, one end has red and white swapped around. Swap them over, lovely, all sounding right at last. Take out old cables again, replace wire links. All is good at last, worth it in the end
smile.png

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Blushes... that would be me putting the loose sleeves on the wrong way round then. :$

Glad you got there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.