Wammer
Nov 14, 2009
Gdynia,Poland
AKA
Kris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gents,

Will the Caspian monos drive the D7 with ease? For the beginning I would use the Caspian integrated pre outs.

Thanks for your opinions.

Andrei

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2013
Napier
AKA
Andrei
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Best practice is to provide the specifications of the speakers, in particular the sensitivity. The impedance curve is also useful (not so easy to obtain). The specifications of the amplifier is equally important. In particular its power rating.

patbarrydub

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 7, 2009
Newry,United Kingdom
AKA
Pat Barry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gents,

Will the Caspian monos drive the D7 with ease? For the beginning I would use the Caspian integrated pre outs.

Thanks for your opinionsSensitivity: 90dB for 1 watt at 1 metreWill the Caspian monos drive the D7 with ease? For the beginning I would use the Caspian integrated pre outs.

With sensitivity of 90dB and impedance of 8 ohms any amp’ll drive these.

AndyCC72

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 4, 2021
Bexley, Kent
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use a Line Magnetic 518 with my D7.2’s and the 22w is plenty for most genres

I would like a bit more power when playing house music but that aside it’s a wonderful match. valves tame some of the forwardness that I felt the D7’s had when I ran them with the class d Lyngdorf.

Hertz

Wammer
Jan 11, 2022
Technically you should be alright. I would give more importance to the aspects of synergy. The D 7's to my ears is a very detailed sounding speaker. So a listen is must before you buy.

ChemMan

ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gents,

Have got a very good offer of Roksan Blak. What about partnering it with the D7?
I've played more than a dozen amps on my D7. I think it depends on what you like. Every amp is a bit different and the D7 lets you hear it.

Reactions: DomT

ChemMan

ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sonically,does the Blak better the Caspian M2 driving D7?
Who knows? Every amp sounds different and everyone's taste is different and every room is different. I've heard lots of amps I've liked and quite few I did not. I have what I have because I listened to them and bought the best. You're asking for quantification in a world of qualification. It's just not going to work. Take your speakers to a Hifi shop, if they don't stock Spendor, and listen to a bunch of different amps. Asking people for their opinions can only get you so far. It's your money and your ears. If you don't have time or the wherewithal, then buy it and live with it.

Reactions: DomT

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online