karlinamillion

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2007
Londinium
AKA
Karl
Now sold. Thank you.

In very nice condition, with original box.

I have given it a testing with network, usb, and SD card, all good. Optical, coaxial, analogue out and headphone out all good.

On the (slight) downside, there are a couple of very light scratches on the screen, and rather oddly, the remote, which is a Logitech unit doesn't fit in its cubby hole in the box. I sold a SB Classic some years ago and I think I got the remotes mixed up. It has all the same buttons, just is a little longer, and of course works fine. Of course you can operate it via a phone or tablet with a free app such as squeezer.

£100 £90 posted mainland, or you can pick up in Walthamstow, NE London and I'll knock a tenner off.

Oh, one other thing, thats the wrong instruction manual in the photos! The right one will be in the box! P1020477.JPG P1020478.JPG P1020479.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

simon ess

Wammer
Jun 16, 2019
North Staffordshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm interested in this but I'm completely ignorant how these thing work.

I want to play music files from a hard drive through my hifi amp.

Would this do the job?

Thanks

karlinamillion

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2007
Londinium
AKA
Karl
Hi Simon,

The SB touch does have a built in server ( the bit that takes the music on the hard drive and organises it and turns it into something you can plug into your stereo), but it's only really suitable for a smallish music collection, my guess would be about 3000 tracks.

The ideal way to use it is to have a NAS (network attached server) with your music on it and with the server software on it, it's not as complex as it sounds, but some computer skills will help

I am also planning on putting my NAS for sale on here soon.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
...or as I do, just use a spare low spec pc with a large hard drive attached as a server.

Reactions: oldius

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another alternative is to uses a Raspberry Pi as the server . The new RPi 4 with 4GB is now quick enough to handle very large libraries and has worked for me for about ten days without a hitch .

Reactions: Tony_J and hermano

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Simon,

The ideal way to use it is to have a NAS (network attached server) with your music on it and with the server software on it, it's not as complex as it sounds, but some computer skills will help
This is precisely what I do now and I reckon 99% of all my listening is done through my SBT these days, whether it be my stored files on my NAS, internet radio, or Spotify.

Streamers come and streamers go but to me nothing beats the SBT for value and performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.