hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That should do it! I await in anticipation of more control of speakers and perhaps subtle refinement of overall detail 😁

Reactions: Rockchild

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I remember sitting in front of a full Restek CDP pre and monos back in the late 90's and feeling the full on assault and power. It wasn't subtle but very addictive. He liked to demo loudly! They are more subtle sounding now I suspect.😆

Reactions: Rockchild and DomT

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I remember sitting in front of a full Restek CDP pre and monos back in the late 90's and feeling the full on assault and power. It wasn't subtle but very addictive. He liked to demo loudly! They are more subtle sounding now I suspect.😆
Just the Mono’s atm, won’t realise the full potential until the 5010 pre is here. Will be using the 3510 as a pre until end of the month.
I hear what you say about volume. The Primare came to life at higher volumes where the Exposure integrated didn’t need the same levels to achieve a similar performance.
Putting them in shortly.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just to clarify on this post, the Primare is a superb amp but not for me in my system. I did try it on some Q Acoustics which are not in the same price company but the combo produces better results which made me think how good it would be on their reference speakers! Another thread methinks 💭

Back to Exposure… nothing so far to report negatively.. I’ll wait for 48hrs of burn in to cast a full opinion.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok, had some time now with the Mono’s and now the addition of the 5010 pre, I can make some conclusions.
The 3510 integrated is an absolute belter of an amp. Initially against the Primare, it didn’t immediately stand out but over a period of time, it was a more realistic sounding amp than the Primare, bass notes were more believable and realistic. Midrange was more integrated with bass and treble and you could turn it up more than the Primare without loosing control.
Certainly with my Harbeths, this was the case. Others may disagree but if your not into a overly dynamic and revealing combo, it’s the way I would and have gone.
So, now we have the Exposure 3510 Mono’s and 5010 pre. I chose the 5010 pre over the 3510 pre as it’s more flexible and has better topology and shorter signal paths to the outputs.
I ran the Monos originally with the 3510 integrated whilst waiting for the pre and the short answer was pretty damn good!

5C4895B7-C628-4D03-929A-E4A35F2FE3FA.jpeg

Could the 3510 integrated hold its own as a pre against the 5010 Pre? No. The 5010 pre is in a different league. The integrated allowed the monos to strut their stuff but the 5010 makes them really sing! Powerful presentation and bass that kicks bottom 😊
The whole presentation has been lifted to another dimension. Using balanced cables between amps seems to allow a cleaner more dynamic presentation and with no input, they are dead silent with almost zero noise.

B0FCBB11-1998-4566-9C75-597D377C474E.jpeg

I’ve used regular interconnects as previously used when the other kit was tested but now I have also just moved the goalposts again by adding in a complete set of Studio Connections (Abbey Road) cables.. XLR, RCA and Speaker Reference plus

054FCE95-B6ED-4AF7-B7FE-3FFE7CE87BDF.jpeg

Oh dear, big mistake…. They are awesome! Don’t ask me to explain the science but I can see why these were recommended by Exposure. They just seem to allow the exposure combination to excel even further. I’m very happy 😊

If I was to compare the pre and monos to just the 3510 integrated, Id say they have the same tonal qualities but loads more of it and a bigger more realistic soundstage. They allow the Harbeths to do what they were made for, a closer to the real thing performance and listening to some live recordings now, I truly believe them.

One more thing. I’ve isolated the monos from the main block and using the Puritan classic. Well built cables and as @George 47 said in his thread. I heard a difference and positively 😊

66B3D5E7-DE28-479B-BC5C-CF1D6FAE093C.jpeg

So a good move yes. The monos and pre bring so much more to the party and if anyone is wondering, no, they are nothing like the Exposure of old. Try the 3510 integrated for a taste, and you will see.

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oooo you have been a bit spendy recently, Jon! Great to hear your updates, and it's good to know you're getting on so well with the new setup.

Reactions: DomT and Rockchild

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've heard nothing but praise for Exposure amps, all models. It's a pity they don't make tts.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oooo you have been a bit spendy recently, Jon! Great to hear your updates, and it's good to know you're getting on so well with the new setup.
Sold a few bits Jules too. Exposure integrated and the phonostage along with a few other bits elsewhere 😊

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've heard nothing but praise for Exposure amps, all models. It's a pity they don't make tts.
I think sticking to what they know best is probably why.
If you compare the older exposures to the new, there is a marked difference

Last edited:

HouseElf

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 16, 2016
Coppull
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks like a truly sorted system.

Those Studio Connections cables look great - didn’t realise they were an Exposure recommendation.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks like a truly sorted system.

Those Studio Connections cables look great - didn’t realise they were an Exposure recommendation.
Unofficially 😉
Mind you, Sugden Recommends Siltech which is a bit steep lol.
All cables have characteristics and it’s up to us to decide if we like them. The VDH silver coated 352’s were great with Sugden.

Reactions: HouseElf

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok, had some time now with the Mono’s and now the addition of the 5010 pre, I can make some conclusions.
The 3510 integrated is an absolute belter of an amp. Initially against the Primare, it didn’t immediately stand out but over a period of time, it was a more realistic sounding amp than the Primare, bass notes were more believable and realistic. Midrange was more integrated with bass and treble and you could turn it up more than the Primare without loosing control.
Certainly with my Harbeths, this was the case. Others may disagree but if your not into a overly dynamic and revealing combo, it’s the way I would and have gone.
So, now we have the Exposure 3510 Mono’s and 5010 pre. I chose the 5010 pre over the 3510 pre as it’s more flexible and has better topology and shorter signal paths to the outputs.
I ran the Monos originally with the 3510 integrated whilst waiting for the pre and the short answer was pretty damn good!

5C4895B7-C628-4D03-929A-E4A35F2FE3FA.jpeg

Could the 3510 integrated hold its own as a pre against the 5010 Pre? No. The 5010 pre is in a different league. The integrated allowed the monos to strut their stuff but the 5010 makes them really sing! Powerful presentation and bass that kicks bottom 😊
The whole presentation has been lifted to another dimension. Using balanced cables between amps seems to allow a cleaner more dynamic presentation and with no input, they are dead silent with almost zero noise.

B0FCBB11-1998-4566-9C75-597D377C474E.jpeg

I’ve used regular interconnects as previously used when the other kit was tested but now I have also just moved the goalposts again by adding in a complete set of Studio Connections (Abbey Road) cables.. XLR, RCA and Speaker Reference plus

054FCE95-B6ED-4AF7-B7FE-3FFE7CE87BDF.jpeg

Oh dear, big mistake…. They are awesome! Don’t ask me to explain the science but I can see why these were recommended by Exposure. They just seem to allow the exposure combination to excel even further. I’m very happy 😊

If I was to compare the pre and monos to just the 3510 integrated, Id say they have the same tonal qualities but loads more of it and a bigger more realistic soundstage. They allow the Harbeths to do what they were made for, a closer to the real thing performance and listening to some live recordings now, I truly believe them.

One more thing. I’ve isolated the monos from the main block and using the Puritan classic. Well built cables and as @George 47 said in his thread. I heard a difference and positively 😊

66B3D5E7-DE28-479B-BC5C-CF1D6FAE093C.jpeg

So a good move yes. The monos and pre bring so much more to the party and if anyone is wondering, no, they are nothing like the Exposure of old. Try the 3510 integrated for a taste, and you will see.
Great write up Jon thanks for that. I have never ever heard an Exposure amp. You have had some great amps pass your way including Sugden, Luxman and Pathosso anyone reading this should assume that after those amps Exposure must be a strong recommendation for Harbeths. I agree that Harbeths really benefit from some punch. @Jules_S was telling me that your system pinned him to the wall; but obviously in a musical way!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online