Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2014
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm currently eyeballing two pairs of Neat Mystiques on fleabay - a pair of Mk 1s and a pair of Mk 2s - for the purpose of listening fun.

I've found very little information on the web apart from some audioreview.com reviews and a WAM thread from the Victorian Age. The little that I've read has piqued my interest, however.

Please can Wammers share any insights about these compact floorstanders?

Many thanks.

Sotosound

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2014
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm currently eyeballing two pairs of Neat Mystiques on fleabay - a pair of Mk 1s and a pair of Mk 2s - for the purpose of listening fun.

I've found very little information on the web apart from some audioreview.com reviews and a WAM thread from the Victorian Age. The little that I've read has piqued my interest, however.

Please can Wammers share any insights about these compact floorstanders?

Many thanks.
I'm guessing that the answer is "No". :(

Pedro2

Pedro2
Wammer
Sep 9, 2018
High Peak
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm guessing that the answer is "No". :(
Used to own a pair of Neat Motive 2 small floor standers. Very musical although the bass disagreed with my room (more the room than the speakers). The audio reviews are very positive and I imagine that they’re honest. If these are going for a couple of hundred pounds and are not damaged, you’d probably be looking at a real bargain.

Reactions: Sotosound

Psilonaught

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2007
Saffron Walden
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I owned a pair of Neat Mystique speakers, they were excellent, from memory. It was a long time ago, but I recall finding the bass super fast, and they worked well in the small room I had at the time. I also reminded regretting selling them!

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I had a pair of the Petitie III, the bookshelf version although I guess older as they had the isodynamic tweeter.

I installed brand new tweeters as I bought them broken but never really got them to sound right. Really wanted to like them as they were cheap, good size and I quite liked the looks. Seemed to have recessed midrange and the bass was either boomy when placed near the rear wall or no bass when pulled out away from it. Reminded me of the Royd Minstrel in that respect.

Mind you, I've never really got on with the Neat range when I heard the Motive series.

Neat Petite III by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Nativebon

MUZIC FIRST
Wammer Plus
Aug 9, 2018
London UK
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had a pair of Neat Motive SX1s nice looking and sounding speaker. Drove them with a Creek amp and was very nice indeed. Only problem was once up give it some beans, the speakers sounded lumpy and congested in the bass.
I'd say good for small to medium size rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.