Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With conference rooms not likely to be available for large systems, would it be possible to get a floor plan to determine if some of the bedrooms are larger than others - it would seem this way from the pictures. Floor plans often are included on the fire escape details in each bedroom.

I would like to exhibit and have a booking carried over from the last show, but that was for one of the conference rooms. If my speakers are likely to be too big for a bedroom I may look to find an alternative set.

I’m sure that others would be interested in a floor plan / room sizes too.

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Patience dear boy, patience, tis a virtue you know.
Looking at the bedroom photos online I would say if your speakers are happy in their regular 10x12/12x14 room, then they will work well in the rooms on offer.

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With conference rooms not likely to be available for large systems, would it be possible to get a floor plan to determine if some of the bedrooms are larger than others - it would seem this way from the pictures. Floor plans often are included on the fire escape details in each bedroom.

I would like to exhibit and have a booking carried over from the last show, but that was for one of the conference rooms. If my speakers are likely to be too big for a bedroom I may look to find an alternative set.

I’m sure that others would be interested in a floor plan / room sizes too.
We want this show to be the best ever ,, and that takes “team work “ from everyone of us ..
We reckon we “know” music , the public will tell you , you don’t, when they walk out in less than a minute.. We’ve all been round shows and thought , great TT , crap amp , no control in the space ..We’ve got many hundreds of pieces of kit between us
Let’s get this right together .. when the floor plan comes up let’s put our wisdom where are mouths are .. Let’s make best rigs for a couple of the ideal room /rooms..
We’ve got a couple of months to get to a decision .. Dare we do it ?
Why not ?

Reactions: bencat and Tony_J

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not Trainline due to fees! I always use the train operator's website and collect from the station on the day (arriving early in case of queues).

You can buy the cheapest tickets in advance (limited supply) and save money but if something comes up and you can't go you'll probably lose your money.
I've only read part of this stream. But try split ticketing websites if travelling a decent way. Big financial savings!!! You can travel a long way for peanuts, and the only difference is you have multiple tickets for the same journey (usually on the same train).

Reactions: Maverick

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well thank you to the hard work that's gone in to get to this point.

I will certainly attend. If there is room I will also probably take a room too.

It would be great to meet some other wammers, hear some great systems and music, and chew the fat over our mutual passion for music.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've only read part of this stream. But try split ticketing websites if travelling a decent way. Big financial savings!!! You can travel a long way for peanuts, and the only difference is you have multiple tickets for the same journey (usually on the same train).
I did try split ticketing but the fares were always more on my line. But worth a try. Long distances can be cheaper than shorter ones.

Reactions: Amormusic

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We want this show to be the best ever ,, and that takes “team work “ from everyone of us ..
We reckon we “know” music , the public will tell you , you don’t, when they walk out in less than a minute.. We’ve all been round shows and thought , great TT , crap amp , no control in the space ..We’ve got many hundreds of pieces of kit between us
Let’s get this right together .. when the floor plan comes up let’s put our wisdom where are mouths are .. Let’s make best rigs for a couple of the ideal room /rooms..
We’ve got a couple of months to get to a decision .. Dare we do it ?
Why not ?
I guess if there is 1 or 2 bodies who'd like to exhibit (but have no car so coming on the train) then there is enough spare kit amongst those who are exhibiting, that we could assemble them a system. I'd be happy to throw a 401/RB250/A&R P77Mg and a pair of Nord One UP SE NC500Ms into the pot.

savvypaul

NVA Hi-Fi
HiFi Trade
Jan 11, 2017
Durham Uk
nvahifi.co.uk
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
A friend in Oz went out to a pub and then a club on Saturday night. It was a 6 hour trip each way. They came home on the Sunday. Do it six or seven times a year.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All I would say for anyone coming from the North or South avoid the M6 and use the A500 or A50 . Less traffic not as prone to traffic jams and delays . I found this over a long period travelling to many places like Northampton , Leicester , Derby etc as a Sales Manager for a Shipping Line . I have not done that for a while now but last few trips to Nottinghamshire area have proved it to still be the case .

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All I would say for anyone coming from the North or South avoid the M6 and use the A500 or A50 . Less traffic not as prone to traffic jams and delays . I found this over a long period travelling to many places like Northampton , Leicester , Derby etc as a Sales Manager for a Shipping Line . I have not done that for a while now but last few trips to Nottinghamshire area have proved it to still be the case .
Good tip, I was thinking of going A50, if I do go. I tend to avoid Birmingham as much as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: bencat

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All I would say for anyone coming from the North or South avoid the M6 and use the A500 or A50 .
Not much choice if you're coming from the NW unfortunately - going down the A1/M1 then across would add quite a few miles to the journey.

• Upvote
Reactions: StingRay

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tony no need to use the M1 use M6 to first junction to A500 then use that as you would for Kegworth . My main advice was for those coming from the South stick to M1 then use A50 just after Leicester services sign posted for next services cuts out all the Birmingham spaghetti junction none sense .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles