Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
EBAY_LINK

Proac "Model 2" - never heard of them - quite large too.

Anyone know anything about them?

Seller claims they easily beat Response 2 --- one of my very fave speakers!
biggrin.png

This is his 2nd attempt at selling them ... no bidders last time I guess. £500 starting price seems high for anunknown speaker!

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Look pretty old & have something of the Celef Domestic about them, if memory seerves correctly.

Boxer

stewartwen

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 30, 2006
near Blackpool
AKA
Stewart
Hmmmmmmm the treble unit is made by Audax I think and is no longer available!

It may be a TWO34 good unit! And of course the Volt bass driver. Should sound good, if a little limited in the bass region.

I would pay no more than £150 for these. They dont look like anything that Proac built. But I have been known to be wrong before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Gromit

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
boxer wrote:

Look pretty old & have something of the Celef Domestic about them, if memory seerves correctly.Boxer
ProAc were Celef before they became...er...ProAc.
smile.png

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They ran both brands for a time - would say these ones are circa late 1970s early 80s at the latest.

Can't think why someone should think they will be limited in bass because they have volt drivers, methinks they may be bass limited cos of cabinet size and also the fact that after you have heard a pair or Impulse Horns, TDL Transmission Lines and Art Impressions most speakers seem a bit light in the bass region.

Seas made a load of tweeters at that time all of which seemed to have a similar spec. Am tempted to agree that anything over £150 is too much.

Uzzy

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Gromit wrote:

boxer wrote:
Look pretty old & have something of the Celef Domestic about them, if memory seerves correctly.Boxer
ProAc were Celef before they became...er...ProAc.
smile.png
Yup, I know, `s partly why I commented;).

Boxer

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Naaaah, how can you know that I'm a long-time Celef/ProAc fan: Celef Domestics were nearly my first speakers back in 1977...

Boxer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.