• reasonably priced branded ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I change mine more often than my strides

• What are interconnects?

• Total voters
G

Actually just worked out to £285 including post. List price here £800 fucking smackers

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Until recently I have been a real cable sceptic at least with i/cs I have always been more persuaded with regard to speaker cable.

However, bedding in the new TT has shown some benefit from experimenting. All mine come from Chord not because I think they are necessarilly the only option - just that it has worked out that way.

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Was using Transparent Audio ML+/MW+throughout for a number of years, only recently changed to Frank's Silver Galaxy XLR
smile.png
. The only supplied IC that was an exception over the usual ones thrown in with the equipment, was the one supplied with the CD-7, which is ofvery highquality
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

Testy

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
It's donkey's years since I got I/Cs with any kit (Mission DAC5 back in `96, I think), and it was pretty drecky: easily bettered by some cheap stuff from Tandy, which started the slippery slope of cable up-grades.

Now on Chord Chameleon Silver +.

Boxer

A

adam

I was using mainly Audioquest Diamond and midnight,but have decided to go more solid silver,so I'm going to buy some Grover UR6 from the US,as his cables seem to be raved about,quite affordable,then going to go also solid silver speaker cables,which I've found in Germany for a decent price.

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I missed this poll. I see the most the most popular option is "reasonably priced branded ones". Reasonably priced? What does 'reasonably priced' mean? Under £10? Under £20? Under £100? Under £200?

The fact that people have voted for this withoutfinding outwhat is "reasonably priced" and what is "unreasonably priced" means that those votes are all void. Don't blame me - I am just applying scientific method.

Poorvoting. :Not Sure:

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
Maybereasonably priced means that everyone on here could afford them. Or perhaps it is relatively reasonable to each particular wigwammer. Further still, reasonably priced could be a price that the members are happy to cough up for.
tongue.png
I guess you are right, what does reasonably priced mean? If we had options to vote for <£20, 20-35, 25-69, 70-99, 100-150, 150-215, 215-... lots of options and the votes would be cast all over the shop not really giving much of a clear winner, eh? lol:p;)

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
notaclue wrote:

people have voted for this withoutfinding outwhat is "reasonably priced"
Also, sorry, its fun
wink.png
, but where do you go to find out what 'reasonably priced' is? Who can tell us? And when we find out what 'reasonably priced' is, will we all agree with it? What if I cant afford it, it's not reasonably priced to me then
biggrin.png

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I know most of my friends wouldn't think what I paid for my interconnects was reasonable (even 2nd hand/DIY), so I went for the super-expensive option. Now I've reterminated my main ones with Silver Bullets they've cost me ~£140...

G

adam wrote:

I took reasonably priced to be around the £100.
I know of a few people elsewhere whose 100 nicker covers their entire wiring loom;)

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Used the Linn ic cables which came with my kit - which do a decent job but have succumbed to the evil that are cables.

wow and flutter

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
Harrow, , United Kin
AKA
Mark
notaclue wrote:

What does 'reasonably priced' mean? Under £10? Under £20? Under £100? Under £200?The fact that people have voted for this withoutfinding outwhat is "reasonably priced" and what is "unreasonably priced" means that those votes are all void. Don't blame me - I am just applying scientific method.

Poorvoting. :Not Sure:
Agreed, highly subjective and meaningless, a bit like debates on cables
biggrin.png

What it does show, on a totally unscientific basis, is that few of the respondents use the interconnects suppplied by the kit manufacturer. So the concern raised that Arcam don't supply or recommend a particular brand of i/c dosn't matter as we would probably use our own subjective judgment as to what i/c works best/is appropriate.

W&F

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
I used "reasonable" to mean what I felt I could afford/justify, without getting too far into diminishing returns, hence the Chameleon.

And defining "reasonable" wouldn't necessarily make this poll "scientific", more systematic certainly.

Boxer

U

Umberto

I use JPS supercondutor balanced and Franks balanced cables. Franks are good VFM and sound pretty good too. The JPS is more expensive to buy and sounds better but not a huge amount in it.

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If I spend money on e.g. Naim or Linn stuff, I choose to follow Naim/Linn advice for all external wire-thingsbecause I am spending more than I need on their stuff anyway.

If I buy e.g. Arcam DVD machines without supplied i/cs etc I make sure retailer gives me free suitable £30-ish wiry bits.

Probably the 7000 i/cs I have from other new boxes are just as good as more expensive ones/probably just different/not always nicest colour-best terminated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.