Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Update art scanning
Just had another go at this with a new build 2.5 8.4 Vortexbox on my test machine.
Modified art scanner program now works.
To transfer the file needs access to a Linux machine.
Lawrence if you pm me your address I will stick a memory stick and instructions in the post to you. The memory stick has to be configured for ext3 file system.

Dave
Hi Dave apologies for not getting back on this sooner I've actually not had the chance to install the new file until now as the unit was not to hand.

I can confirm that the album art is now working and the machine is a fully functioning CD ripper again 😁

So thanks so much for all your help. I just need to work out how to make a back up of the file before I offer it up to anyone else who wants it. My W10 laptop doesn't recognise the stick but it should be easy to adapt your instructions to mount a second USB stick on the Vortexbox and copy the file from one t'other.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Further to the above post if anyone wants the album art grabbing file to make their Vortexbox fully functional again just PM me, first come first served and then please pass it on to the next person.

slavedata

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2009
Bottesford Melton
AKA
Dave Slater
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Best way to do a backup is store it on your Vortexbox. The stick is formatted as a Linux file (ext 2) from memory. Same as Vbox.
You will have to do it with command line files from the system prompt on the vbox.

Reactions: Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Best way to do a backup is store it on your Vortexbox. The stick is formatted as a Linux file (ext 2) from memory. Same as Vbox.
You will have to do it with command line files from the system prompt on the vbox.
Thanks I've made a copy onto another stick (but Fat32 format).

If anyone wants me to forward the file on the stick to get the album art working just PM me 👍

Craze

New Wammer
Dec 27, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks I've made a copy onto another stick (but Fat32 format).

If anyone wants me to forward the file on the stick to get the album art working just PM me 👍
Anything that will help with album art, I will gladly accept :)

im slowly but surely making progress... thanks so much!

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Lawrence has the new album art routine improved the amount of album pictures you have receieved?
I tried about 4 rips and one was missing but it was a compilation album all the proper albums got the album art. I didn't try anything obscure though.

One thing I did notice is you have to run the music folder scan to see new albums I'm pretty sure they used to appear in My Music automatically shortly after ripping.

drjbf1

New Wammer
Mar 2, 2024
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I tried about 4 rips and one was missing but it was a compilation album all the proper albums got the album art. I didn't try anything obscure though.

One thing I did notice is you have to run the music folder scan to see new albums I'm pretty sure they used to appear in My Music automatically shortly after ripping.
I am not getting any coverart either. The covergrabber.php that has been edited is not a binary, just text, so can't the text content just be embedded in a reply here? The file is free and opensource isn't it? That would make it a lot easier for others in the future.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am not getting any coverart either. The covergrabber.php that has been edited is not a binary, just text, so can't the text content just be embedded in a reply here? The file is free and opensource isn't it? That would make it a lot easier for others in the future.
I thought about that but the issue I had was the stick isn't readable by windows and I can't then copy the text into anything I can use to paste on the forum. Any ideas?

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just to say I have found a way to upgrade LMS in VB to the latest version and once completed it is easy to keep updating going forward . As this site has so few users now I started a thread on the Maverick Forum under the Owners section .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online