SONY PS-X600 BIOTRACER TT,

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Recently Bought one of these from Stewart (vinyl4ever) and can't find an owners thread so thought I would start one and give my first impressions.

A few pictures to start with once I had given it a good clean and polish... IMG_6936.jpeg IMG_6975.jpeg IMG_6976.jpeg IMG_6977.jpeg

Last edited:

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have now tried the Sony with my AT-VM750sh MM cart only to find it is too heavy for the arm so instead I put the AT -F7mc on & it is just sublime so musical and textured with fab bass and great timing I love this combo😍

This turntables looks are a bit marmite but being the age I am it really harks back to when I was younger (way back) and I love it. But I'll tell you what this baby can cut the mustard In the music stakes I'm truly shocked a bit like when I first played the Opals in my room.

I am so impressed with it in particular the way you set it up with a new cart Once the carts fitted to the removable headshell and it's on the arm you set the anti skate to zero then just press the Zero Balance switch balance the arm so it's floating set the anti skate to the carts optimum press the switch again & your ready to go Amazing!!!🤪

I'm not going to compare it to my Techie that would be unfair as the Techie/ ART-9xi combo are in a different league tbh.

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement.

Last edited:

Jag

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Apr 29, 2010
Rustington
AKA
Jag
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Sony made some very good and advanced turntables, I still have and like the PS-8750 plus the PS-X555ES parallel tracking TT.

Reactions: TIU and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sony made some very good and advanced turntables, I still have and like the PS-8750 plus the PS-X555ES parallel tracking TT.
Is there anything you don't have in your vast collection eh Jag!!😂😂

vinyl4ever

Mr
Wammer Plus
Mar 29, 2020
Doncaster
primevehiclelogistics.com
AKA
Stewart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have now tried the Sony with my AT-VM750sh MM cart only to find it is too heavy for the arm so instead I put the AT -F7mc on & it is just sublime so musical and textured with fab bass and great timing I love this combo😍

This turntables looks are a bit marmite but being the age I am it really harks back to when I was younger (way back) and I love it. But I'll tell you what this baby can cut the mustard In the music stakes I'm truly shocked a bit like when I first played the Opals in my room.

I am so impressed with it in particular the way you set it up with a new cart Once the carts fitted to the removable headshell and it's on the arm you set the anti skate to zero then just press the Zero Balance switch balance the arm so it's floating set the anti skate to the carts optimum press the switch again & your ready to go Amazing!!!🤪

I'm not going to compare it to my Techie that would be unfair as the Techie/ ART-9xi combo are in a different league tbh.

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement.
Was a close run thing keeping or selling, I know I'll get another one someday.
Glad you're enjoying it 😁

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was a close run thing keeping or selling, I know I'll get another one someday.
Glad you're enjoying it 😁
Yep very happy Stewart thanks good job I paid up front eh!😝 You'd have had the front door barricaded when I arrived otherwise😱

Last edited:
Reactions: vinyl4ever

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Found a solution to the weak spurious hinges on my Biotracer & also due to my TT wall shelf being to low for the cover to open fully anyway so I made a little widget to hold the cover up while changing the record and it works rather well even if I say so myself👌🏻

IMG_6998.jpeg IMG_7001.jpeg IMG_6997.jpeg IMG_7003.jpeg IMG_7002.jpeg

Last edited:

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had a bit of an issue with the Sony TT as the right channel sometimes dropped out and I want to take this to the show in Oct.

I took it to Wilkinsons in Nelson Lancs along with my Esoteric DV50 SACD to get it repaired & serviced the end of July. I contacted them today to be told the Sony has a clean bill of health now ready for the show just waiting for the Esoteric to be finished & I'll pick them up to put them thru their paces before its showtime👍

Big sigh of relief👌🏻

Last edited:

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have had the Sony back for a while now & it is working a treat but as I'm taking the Technic 1200G to the show it's been sidelined for the moment.

I have been giving the Biotracer a bit of a clean and as the lid hinges won't hold the lid up I thought I would give them a good clean with switch cleaner and a lube with WD40 and hey presto they are as good as new now working perfectly👍

It looks like the hinge springs get a bit clogged with dust & turn claggy so a good clean seems to free them up so a good tip for others with similar type hinges👌🏻

Reactions: vinyl4ever and TIU

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have had the Sony back for a while now & it is working a treat but as I'm taking the Technic 1200G to the show it's been sidelined for the moment.

I have been giving the Biotracer a bit of a clean and as the lid hinges won't hold the lid up I thought I would give them a good clean with switch cleaner and a lube with WD40 and hey presto they are as good as new now working perfectly👍

It looks like the hinge springs get a bit clogged with dust & turn claggy so a good clean seems to free them up so a good tip for others with similar type hinges👌🏻
Great news. I loved my Sony PS-6750.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well I'm very much enjoying playing and listening to my lovely Biotracer and think I will take this to the show instead of my Technics 1200G it's not as good but has a great feel and aura about it also its a bit more rare than a Techie tbh.

Plus it sounds damn good thru the Meridian M2's.

Last edited:
  • Upvote
Reactions: bigrod and Wenge1

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well I'm very much enjoying playing and listening to my lovely Biotracer and think I will take this to the show instead of my Technics 1200G it's not as good but has a great feel and aura about it also it a bit more rare then a Techie tbh.

Plus it sounds damn good thru the Meridian M2's.
I think visitors will know the 1200G will perform very well but most will be curious about the Sony.

Will the Sony man be there?

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think visitors will know the 1200G will perform very well but most will be curious about the Sony.
Yeah thats what I thought Gary most people have seen a Technics & they all looks similar but the way the Biotracer works & looks is facinating well to me anyway so your right it's a no brainer really👍

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Will the Sony man be there?
Who's the Sony man?

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That silver cart does look as if it was part of its design.

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Who's the Sony man?
I forgot you couldn't make it last year. He had a room that was all vintage Sony and that included photo portraits of himself on the walls. He attempted to set up quad sound.

Reactions: bigrod and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That silver cart does look as if it was part of its design.
It does look perfect I bought it from Freefallrob a few months before the Sony so completely unplanned😛

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.