Wam spotify playlists

D

Drainpipe

What negative impact on the forum is it having ? There may not be people posting but it’s a decent piece of reference - I’d reckon quite a few people still refer to it. There are people wanting stuff transferred from the Linn Forum to use as reference - there may well be a low postings count on them too - should the Wam not accommodate that ?

And doesn’t a 13 year old consider the majority of music outside listening by his peer group as ‘old people’s music’.

Nothing wrong with keeping it at all.
It's a page that's just stuck there doing bugger all.

16 month old sticky without a post is shite anyway you look at it.

Yes you can call it history or reference but get real it's still a waste of space one has to scroll past.

Spotify has even changed  big time since the last post on here.

Get real and upto Date..

D

Drainpipe

Sorry man,

I really wasn't meaning to offend you or anyone.

Im not a moaner just a nobody that would like things a bit more upto date in this avolving music loving world.

Is Spotify ten years old yet ?

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I'm unoffended but let's face it, they're collaborative playlists so please contribute!

D

Drainpipe

I'm unoffended but let's face it, they're collaborative playlists so please contribute!
I was looking at my 13 year old sons and his 33 year old sisters lists  last week.

Oh so different but they love a lot of the same music.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would it not be a good idea to start some new ones for WAM 19?

Is there not any control, I see there is one artist 4 times on one playlist.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
There is no control over the music that members submit. Generally, we are music lovers so there is a given control.

As regards Wam 19, the 17 list related to the last of the Scalford Hall Wam shows. There is nothing stopping there being a new playlist after the next; the idea being that exhibitors posted the music that they played so that visitors could go back in and have a memory of the event, or be able to listen again to particular music that they enjoyed.

If you have any tracks that you wish to recommend yourselves, then go for it. Choose the genre that suits the track best. follow the playlist and then add your track to it. Instructions are in the OP and also subsequent posts from the time I set the playlists up.

BTW. Thanks for posting, it has pricked my interest and may well have guided one of the many new members we have to the lists.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There is no control over the music that members submit. Generally, we are music lovers so there is a given control.

As regards Wam 19, the 17 list related to the last of the Scalford Hall Wam shows. There is nothing stopping there being a new playlist after the next; the idea being that exhibitors posted the music that they played so that visitors could go back in and have a memory of the event, or be able to listen again to particular music that they enjoyed.

If you have any tracks that you wish to recommend yourselves, then go for it. Choose the genre that suits the track best. follow the playlist and then add your track to it. Instructions are in the OP and also subsequent posts from the time I set the playlists up.

BTW. Thanks for posting, it has pricked my interest and may well have guided one of the many new members we have to the lists.
Yes I have only just come across these as someone commented on this thread. I will have a go but I have never done playlists before.

D

Drainpipe

Maybe the new Linn bods can add something ?

Doubt It tho Because the Linn music room was the weakest slowest posted on the planet.,

My old mates Mudcrutch and Tom Petty are missed big time

Last edited:

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Sorry but how do you follow it? Can't see that option.
If you search for a playlist, let's say Wam Funk, when you find it you should have two options towards the top of the screen; one is play and next to it should be follow.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
See if anything has changed by Chrismas 25th of December 2018 ?
Who? I have no idea what your post means. Is it a question? Are you saying that you will see if anything has changed by Christmas? If so, I would suggest that you may wish to occupy yourself with life's more important matters. 

All things can change if you wish them to. As the saying goes; be the change you want to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you search for a playlist, let's say Wam Funk, when you find it you should have two options towards the top of the screen; one is play and next to it should be follow.
I only have play. I don't have anything at the top of the screen, play is on the left, no follow. I'm not a Spotify subscriber though if that makes any difference?

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I only have play. I don't have anything at the top of the screen, play is on the left, no follow. I'm not a Spotify subscriber though if that makes any difference?
I'm not sure. I am a subscriber so my screen may offer different possibilities.

D

Drainpipe

Mr Drainpipe is suffering a bit of butthurt because he got told off by Mr WigWam a few days back.
Wrong yet Again Big nose.

Mr WigWam hasn't told me off for anything.

Mr drainpipe is not suffering anything.

9_9

You are spotted and probably added to a few / many :^ ignore lists old son.

Last edited:

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well the ones I would have added are:

Soundstage:

The Ballad of Bill Hubbard - Amused to Death - Roger Waters

Singer/songwriter:

The Bird & the Rifle - The Bird & the Rifle - Lori McKenna

Hot Wax to a Stone - The Other Side of Blue - Tom Baxter

Love Came Here - Lhasa - Lhasa De Sela

Allocate - The Horizon just Laughed - Damien Jurado.

Pop/vocal:

Saturdays are the greatest - Dark Black - Kristina Train

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online