Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The croft 25 pre and integrated always seemed to go for around 400-450.

Inflation would say closer to 450.
On forums closer to 400.
Add 50 for the phono stage so £450 on the forum and you're about right

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Given the price when new and presuming it is in good order for a quick sale £800 . If you are prepared to wait £900 - 1000 .

Reactions: andyrlb

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
No linger active on this forum
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Given the price when new and presuming it is in good order for a quick sale £800 . If you are prepared to wait £900 - 1000 .
New price from the link was £1,095. A quick sale at £800? Really?

Some on here have completely unrealistic views of used kit value. Ex dem kit, with proper warranty, say 70-75% of RRP. Used kit, fairly recent, c\w packaging accessories, etc then 50-65% (latter on a good day). 35-50% for most else. Some items/brands will be different, particularly if sought after and in short supply.

It always amazes me what many list on here at, with a description of something like 'only 6 months old, blah, blah and you can have it for 10% less than RRP'. That's fine, but watch your item not sell for months or years (look in the classifieds for examples).

We all like to think we're great buyers and can spot a bargain. Well, wakey wakey, so can most others! On top of which who pays full RRP? I often see items on here and elsewhere that I know I can buy brand new for often less than the posted used price.

Still, this is a subject that is opinion and just like a**eh*l*s, we've all got one!

Carry on ;)

Reactions: andyrlb and Ian

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes my price was based on Croft not being made anymore and as a rare item there levels are now rising . You may disagree which is the point but at least I have put a price I think it can achieve . Try and but a Leak Stereo 20 or Radford or Quad II using your calculations and watch you not get a decent one . I would fully agree for something current and still in production but we are not talking the same thing this was rare in the range and is now not going to be available again I stand by what I think it is worth .

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had one of these , I think it was called a Croft 25 Micro basic
I thought the dual Left / Right volume controls were good , If you sat slightly offset from your speakers you could adjust the volume accordingly .

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes my price was based on Croft not being made anymore and as a rare item there levels are now rising . You may disagree which is the point but at least I have put a price I think it can achieve . Try and but a Leak Stereo 20 or Radford or Quad II using your calculations and watch you not get a decent one . I would fully agree for something current and still in production but we are not talking the same thing this was rare in the range and is now not going to be available again I stand by what I think it is worth .
To be fair, there's only one way to find out. How about a sales thread with a wager on it to make it interesting :)

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry Ian lovely idea but i do not do gambling of any sort . Perhaps others may like to join in ?

Reactions: andyrlb and Ian

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nothing to forgive Ian as I said good idea with the winnings going to charity , just in my case would not joining but would make a donation .

andyrlb

Must have shot a Robin
Wammer
Apr 24, 2016
New York
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree and we might well find out soon , but clearly not by listing it on here 😞

andyrlb

Must have shot a Robin
Wammer
Apr 24, 2016
New York
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think the best place for this is the devilbay.
A few members had messaged me expressing their interest but I’m damned if I can find the messages, but it won’t be sold at the low quoted prices on here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online