SOLD Withdrawn. KLH Model 5 (PRICE DROP) sale or trade.

SOLD

The Marlin

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2016
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Mr Marlin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Over the last two months, I’ve had builders in doing house refurbs, including living room.

Wife wanted a Hifi in the livingroom, so I had all cabling hidden in the walls, and nice oak rack make to one side.

During the refurb, my feisty Italian wife made changes to wood choices and colour schemes.

IMG_6435.jpeg

Now it’s all almost finished, I started to assemble the Hifi. I got one of my KLH Model 5’s out (which we chose together), and received a loud Italian arm flapping tirade for my efforts. She hates the colour. The colour of the speakers we chose TOGETHER!!!

See the photo, colours clash. Also note, Hifi not assembled yet, only the amp sits on a shelf as yet unconnected.

IMG_6587.jpeg

The speaker cabinets are walnut, they a beautiful red-ish wood, with lovely wheat grills. The ceiling and floor are different types of oak, lintel over the fireplace is oak, cabinet is oak. So the speaker wood is a poor match for the room, and loud yet tiny wife is being a PITA about it.

She wants these gone, and a set of oak speakers in their place. Preferably with a smaller footprint.

I’ll be absolutely honest, I’ve only managed to get one speaker out before she got all loud and Italian on me. I’ve not had the second speaker out of the box, I’ve not yet connected these to an amp, I’ve not heard these speakers. But, they’ve got to go.

Happy wife, happy life (as she likes to tell me).

Attachments

• IMG_6435.jpeg
    IMG_6435.jpeg
    536.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: macvisual

The Marlin

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2016
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Mr Marlin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry, phone crashes posting photos.

Looking for a swap or a sale. Looking for a £1500 Ono, or swap/px for a set of oak speakers. Could be freestanders or stand mount. Maybe Sonus Faber or something.
These now retail for close on £3k, so price is a bargain.

PRICE DROP: £1400. Now £1350. Now £1300 - £1250

Speakers are in High Wycombe.

Happy to drive an hour to deliver.

IMG_6437.jpeg

I bought these speakers lightly used from this forum. Original thread here:
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/klh-model-5-standmount-speakers-great-condition-now-£1500.117606/

Thanks for looking.

I’m considering keeping the speakers and swapping the wife, but kids would need therapy. I certainly do!

Last edited:
Reactions: bullinachinashop

luckysim0n

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 23, 2013
Liverpool
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I almost wanted to buy these because it made me laugh but Scouse wives are scary too and we are oak as well

Reactions: The Marlin

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are you sure they are TLM speakers & not KLH ?
My memory is bad so thought I would mention it.
* Have look & put your glasses on. ;)

Reactions: The Marlin

The Marlin

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2016
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Mr Marlin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are you sure they are TLM speakers & not KLH ?
My memory is bad so thought I would mention it.
* Have look & put your glasses on. ;)
Yes, you’re correct.
Sorry, had a crazy stressful week, and my mind is all over the shop.

Apologies, thread has been corrected. These are KLH Model 5’s. Sorry for the stupid error.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Think there is somebody looking for a pair on PFM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online