Expensive cables for expensive systems ?

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have decent cables - made up myself from good cable. But I wouldn't put money into anything commercial and never have. The money would go on better parts inside the components themselves where, IMO, the difference is much more audible.

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not really, the connectors cost that and it's pure silver cabling. The whole thing was home made and the parts cost three times as much then. The only speaker cables it didn't see off were Transparent Reference XL, I sold them to pay for a car bill for my ex-wife and her Shogun (new clutch was £2K).
Some might say that it was a bit on the unlucky side for the last two events to occur that way round. Just sayin .......

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I chose my current speaker cable mostly for practicality. It got excellent reviews from all reviewers, is not expensive and can be used single or bi-wired.

Reactions: TheFlash

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Out of interest has the love of solid core cable waned? At one time in the 80's it was in vogue, doesn't NVA have solid core speaker cable?

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Funnily enough, I was reading a review of anticables which are solid core wires with a super thin enamel coating.

Supposed to sound very good.

Presumably if you combine them with normal cables in the same system they annihilate each other...?🤔
Yep. He’d be listening to the wireless… (my mother would understand)

… and have inky blacks to die for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strider

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Funnily enough, I was reading a review of anticables which are solid core wires with a super thin enamel coating.

Supposed to sound very good.
I have some DNM interconnects and speaker cables bought yonks ago, I find they lose bass and dynamics, but the midrange and treble is very good. Great for small speakers.

If you want to try them, I can post after Christmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.