Question Recent post disappeared where is it?

A question.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I saw a reply to this post apparently from Ira Gale's brother asking for more details about the OPs involvement with Gale . I messaged the OP who swiftly replied despite not being on here for years, and went to paste a link to the new message which seems to have gone. After all that effort to help can somebody tell me where the new post has gone please?

Post in thread 'Who owns what company these days?' https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/who-owns-what-company-these-days.52442/post-1096718

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I saw a reply to this post apparently from Ira Gale's brother asking for more details about the OPs involvement with Gale . I messaged the OP who swiftly replied despite not being on here for years, and went to paste a link to the new message which seems to have gone. After all that effort to help can somebody tell me where the new post has gone please?

Post in thread 'Who owns what company these days?' https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/who-owns-what-company-these-days.52442/post-1096718
Was this a private message that has vanished? if so we have no way to view.

Reactions: Maverick

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I read it, it was a request for information from a new member who joined to research his book about Ira Gale of Gale loudspeakers fame. An old member worked for him, and I contacted him and he's happy to help. the new member must have googled Ira Gale and found the old thread. Please can someone look into it as it would be a shame if his request was deleted.

Failing that what's his user name as I can't see it on new members so maybe he's been deleted too.

occasional thinker

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2009
Steel City
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A quick Google reveals this on Audiogon. I guess that the author of the prospective book is this chap:

"

bgale

2 posts
02-11-2022 at 04:15pm
Ira Gale was my brother. I was about 16 when he was actively working on the speakers and wound up working for him when I was in college. One of his favorite albums to demo the speakers was Thelma Houston and Pressure Cooker, “I’ve Got the Music in Me”, an early direct to disc recording. I only recently stumbled across this post and thoroughly enjoyed reading the messages. I’ve come to know some of the names mentioned over the years, mostly thanks to John Mayberry, David from Vintage Audio and others through the Gale Audio Google Group. FYI, Ira was partial to SAE and Mark Levinson and definitely was a fan of “more power is better”. It’s so wonderful to read these posts going strong more than 25 years after his passing. I have been working on a book about his life for quite some time, nearing completion. Should anyone have met him personally or worked with him, I’d love to hear from you. I may be reached at bgalephd@gmail.com.
Best wishes,
Bruce

"
The thread is at https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/gale-401-s

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
looking into this further, there are no signs that this was posted on the wam. When a post/thread has been deleted we as admin/moderators can still view the post/thread and in this case nothing is showing.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
looking into this further, there are no signs that this was posted on the wam. When a post/thread has been deleted we as admin/moderators can still view the post/thread and in this case nothing is showing.
It was I saw it.

Thats why there are a load of new posts, after 9 Years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A quick Google reveals this on Audiogon. I guess that the author of the prospective book is this chap:

"

bgale

2 posts
02-11-2022 at 04:15pm
Ira Gale was my brother. I was about 16 when he was actively working on the speakers and wound up working for him when I was in college. One of his favorite albums to demo the speakers was Thelma Houston and Pressure Cooker, “I’ve Got the Music in Me”, an early direct to disc recording. I only recently stumbled across this post and thoroughly enjoyed reading the messages. I’ve come to know some of the names mentioned over the years, mostly thanks to John Mayberry, David from Vintage Audio and others through the Gale Audio Google Group. FYI, Ira was partial to SAE and Mark Levinson and definitely was a fan of “more power is better”. It’s so wonderful to read these posts going strong more than 25 years after his passing. I have been working on a book about his life for quite some time, nearing completion. Should anyone have met him personally or worked with him, I’d love to hear from you. I may be reached at bgalephd@gmail.com.
Best wishes,
Bruce

"
The thread is at https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/gale-401-s
Thanks for doing this I will forward a link to this thread to the old Wammer. Old as in been here a long time not old in age (but he might be)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.