Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You didn’t miss this bit?

Note: If you are using iPeng and it’s advising you to make further setup/configuration to their Qobuz account, it is likely because you have entered your username in Configure Qobuz and not their email address. Make sure you populate the the Username filed with the email you used in Qobuz as opposed to just a username)

BananaPlug

Wammer
Mar 8, 2021
Hi all,

ive managed to get Qobuz added to work via iPeng. It isn’t intuitive to me and I’m really not able to repeat whatever I’ve done! I just managed to somehow add it. It’s somewhere between going to my squeeze box, Qobuz website, my innuos and the 9000 access point. 

Im just hoping for a simpler set up. What an f-in ball-ache this has made listening to music. When people speak of gear like innuous it should lose marks on lack of user friendliness in my view.

Last edited by a moderator:

BananaPlug

Wammer
Mar 8, 2021
You didn’t miss this bit?

Note: If you are using iPeng and it’s advising you to make further setup/configuration to their Qobuz account, it is likely because you have entered your username in Configure Qobuz and not their email address. Make sure you populate the the Username filed with the email you used in Qobuz as opposed to just a username)
Hi, no I’d also read that somewhere and made sure of it. There was one difference, I had joined Qobuz via Facebook as an Authenticator but putting the same credentials in Qobuz website said wrong ID?! So I cancelled my Qobuz account and reset it on new credentials. That may also have been a factor but I can’t prove it. I’m frazzled 

BananaPlug

Wammer
Mar 8, 2021
Ok so....

Vangelis Blade Runner “main Titles”...iPeng running Qobuz. 

im in the dark and the sound has the sort of range and treble I was hoping to hear. I still haven’t got a soundstage where it feels enveloping but that nay be speaker position or something else. I’ll keep as is and listen to different music for a while just to get a better handle on what I’m hearing.

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi all,

ive managed to get Qobuz added to work via iPeng. It isn’t intuitive to me and I’m really not able to repeat whatever I’ve done! I just managed to somehow add it. It’s somewhere between going to my squeeze box, Qobuz website, my innuos and the 9000 access point. 

Im just hoping for a simpler set up. What an f-in ball-ache this has made listening to music. When people speak of gear like innuous it should lose marks on lack of user friendliness in my view.
I think you will like the new Innuos 2.0 app. Unlike ipeng etc it is not all clunky and is a joy to use. Hopefully it will not be too long before it is rolled out. Statement owners are first in line then Mk3 Zen and Zenith etc. 

Reactions: BananaPlug

BananaPlug

Wammer
Mar 8, 2021
I think you will like the new Innuos 2.0 app. Unlike ipeng etc it is not all clunky and is a joy to use. Hopefully it will not be too long before it is rolled out. Statement owners are first in line then Mk3 Zen and Zenith etc. 
Hi, thanks. Do I need to register my ownership of the zenith then?

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi, thanks. Do I need to register my ownership of the zenith then?
No. When updated Innuos versions are available you just connect to your Innuos on your home network by going to my.innuos.com and under the Settings option you will get this menu where you get the option to update the system. When 2.0 is available for your model you will first update to 1.9 and then to 2.0. The latest publicly available version is 1.4.8.

5C28CBA1-6FE4-4FB8-B98D-B0E6E3691422.jpeg

Griff500

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2017
Prague, Czech
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok so....

Vangelis Blade Runner “main Titles”...iPeng running Qobuz. 

im in the dark and the sound has the sort of range and treble I was hoping to hear. I still haven’t got a soundstage where it feels enveloping but that nay be speaker position or something else. I’ll keep as is and listen to different music for a while just to get a better handle on what I’m hearing.
Qobuz is an improvement then.  :^

Hopefully the new app comes out soon. Auralic stuff stuff is easy to set up - username and password into the app and you’re done.

BananaPlug

Wammer
Mar 8, 2021
Qobuz is an improvement then.  :^

Hopefully the new app comes out soon. Auralic stuff stuff is easy to set up - username and password into the app and you’re done.
I don’t think Qobuz user interface is as well done as Spotify’s. Yes the music file is higher quality and I can tell but I think I’ll go back to Spotify once they have HD on board. And yes, I’m sure anybody’s user interface is better than Innuos’ at present. I think computer folk, if I can use that expression, don’t appreciate the lack of understanding of ordinary people out there. Meaning me 😆. In this day, one should press on and off you go. Apple understand this better than windows based I find

Griff500

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2017
Prague, Czech
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think I’ll go back to Spotify once they have HD on board
Assuming it sounds as good as Qobuz. 

The interface you interact with is the one provided by the app rather than Spotify or Qobuz directly. Hopefully you get access to the new Innuos app soon.

BananaPlug

Wammer
Mar 8, 2021
Yeah I don’t like the Qobuz App amd of course, iPeng is what it is. Quite basic c.f. Spotify which has far greater access to playlists etc.

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are very few bespoke apps that come close to the feature set of the Spotify app itself. I imagine a lot of people will be switching from Tidal once lossless arrives.

A lot of Innuos owners use Roon. That has every feature you could wish for, but its not free. 

Griff500

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2017
Prague, Czech
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are very few bespoke apps that come close to the feature set of the Spotify app itself. I imagine a lot of people will be switching from Tidal once lossless arrives.

A lot of Innuos owners use Roon. That has every feature you could wish for, but its not free. 
There have been some negative comments about Roon sound quality recently.

BananaPlug

Wammer
Mar 8, 2021

Yes I hear that Roon is well laid out. I don’t mind the cost but now there seems to be comment that it reduces sound quality? Not sure if I’d notice or not so it may be worth looking at it. 

More importantly, ‘The Ecstacy of Gold’ by Ennio is soaring over me as I write... Quite nice for sound via Qobuz but I’d like more imaging. Still listening and testing

BananaPlug

Wammer
Mar 8, 2021
There have been some negative comments about Roon sound quality recently.
Yes Griff500, I have heard it mentioned but haven’t delved into what it means. Perhaps users here might share what they hear in and out of using Roon. It would help to make a decision on buying it

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don’t worry about it. Try Roon’s free trail. 

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Yes Griff500, I have heard it mentioned but haven’t delved into what it means. Perhaps users here might share what they hear in and out of using Roon. It would help to make a decision on buying it
Try it for yourself if a trial is available and see what you think about the sound. For me Roon completely mucks up the sound quality that I know my system can produce and I am not prepared to put up with that reduced level of sound quality.

But also wait to try the Innuos 2.0 app. It sounds good and has much of the functionality and ease of use of Roon. It is also free.

Patu

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 6, 2019
Finland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have lifetime Roon and it took me some time to pull the trigger back in the day. I did extensive comparison between Jriver (this was my main playback/library software before Roon) and Roon. There’s definitely a difference in sound quality but it was never obvious to me which one was better. Jriver sounded slightly smoother with more bass while Roon sounded clearer. Eventually I liked Jriver’s presentation more but after some changes in my setup, ended liking Roon more. That’s when I ordered lifetime. 

With my current setup I compared regular UPnP server (Kazoo) with Linn control app vs Roon and found former sounding slightly better. Not sure if my Roon setup is as good as it could be though. The core runs on QNAP NAS in another room streaming over LAN to EE 8Switch and from there to Linn ADSM/3. This could possibly be improved with dedicated NUC running Roon Rock. The difference in sound quality was so small though that I easily select Roon’s superior interface and user experience over the Linn’s mediocre iPhone/iPad app. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles