Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
and just to repeat again there are 2 types of bedrooms at the hotel; standard and superior (larger)

expectation is that only the superior bedrooms rooms are used for exhibitors, there are NO larger bedrooms and asking for one is pointless

the large conference room will be divided up and run on a rota - but it's a balance vs lots of requests, the danger I think that the allocation team see is each person runs for less than 2-3 hours which is not much reward for bringing a big system all that way

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

Brigadoon

Requires Adult Supervision
Wammer
Feb 20, 2015
Stroud
AKA
Barry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
each person runs for less than 2-3 hours which is not much reward for bringing a big system all that way
True Paul, but then neither is being unable to play one's TT because the floor is thumping, and losing the subtleties and nuances of one's system because the  room is filled with booming from below/above. I'm talking way more than the usual  'sonic bleed' between rooms. 

IMHO, whilst being in a Meeting Room means reduced 'airtime',  when it's his slot, Max can go as loud as necessary without affecting  neighbouring exhibitors. Predictability also means punters can plan to experience Max's system at full cry,  and he will be able to accomodate more people per session. Shorter performance, bigger audience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: greybeard

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Twin room for Robin & myself please, if possible room 119 again please as it would really help me physically.

Kit list is also substantially different, now reads as follows.

Garrard 401/ Mission 774 / Zyx R50 Bloom 3. Technics SP10 / Origin Live Encounter / Ortofon Rohmann. Marantz SA17SI SACDP.

Aurorasound Vida Phonostage / Rogers MC 100 head amp.

Audio Research LS26 pre-amp.

Line Magnetic 845 valve amp.

Audiovector X3 Super speakers.

Thanks, Brook.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Twin room for Robin & myself please, if possible room 119 again please as it would really help me physically.

Kit list is also substantially different, now reads as follows.

Garrard 401/ Mission 774 / Zyx R50 Bloom 3. Technics SP10 / Origin Live Encounter / Ortofon Rohmann. Marantz SA17SI SACDP.

Aurorasound Vida Phonostage / Rogers MC 100 head amp.

Audio Research LS26 pre-amp.

Line Magnetic 845 valve amp.

Audiovector X3 Super speakers.

Thanks, Brook.
Hi Brook

I don't think 119 will be possible for other reasons, can you expand on this requirement please?

kind regards, Paul

bornin50

Wammer
New Wammer
May 16, 2009
, ,
Hi, can row 14 be changed to Colin/Tony, bornin50/funkpig please?  Also could I request room 18 - same as 2019 please?

Thanks

Colin

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, can row 14 be changed to Colin/Tony, bornin50/funkpig please?  Also could I request room 18 - same as 2019 please?

Thanks

Colin
Colin 

the room allocations started a week ago, if you have specific room request that needs to be on the sheet by the end of 2019, please note for future

I'll ask but can't guarantee, you have been allocated a double room as you were on your own!

kind regards, Paul

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Brook

I don't think 119 will be possible for other reasons, can you expand on this requirement please?

kind regards, Paul
Hi Paul,

well I had some pulmonary embolisms in my lungs a few months ago & I am still having breathing difficulties, so being on the ground floor & near the loading doors would be a massive help really.

Cheers, Brook.

bornin50

Wammer
New Wammer
May 16, 2009
, ,
Colin 

the room allocations started a week ago, if you have specific room request that needs to be on the sheet by the end of 2019, please note for future

I'll ask but can't guarantee, you have been allocated a double room as you were on your own!

kind regards, Paul
Sorry Paul, my bad!  Tony and I will be co-exhibitors.   He lives nearby so is not staying overnight.  

Double room is fine for me and Janet (Mrs bornin50).

Regards

Colin

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Paul,

well I had some pulmonary embolisms in my lungs a few months ago & I am still having breathing difficulties, so being on the ground floor & near the loading doors would be a massive help really.

Cheers, Brook.
Hi Brook

Sorry to hear of your health difficulties & glad that you received treatment in time.

Actually room 119 is first floor not the ground floor, talked to the allocation team & agreed that we can put you into 10 which is ground floor at the far end away from the lift. How does that sound?

I notice that you have Robin sharing, do you want it making up as a twin?

kind regards, Paul

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Thanks

Colin
Hi Colin,

the gods are smiling upon you (the mods however are still as grumpy as ever ;)  )

so 18 it is, you haven't asked for a twin - do you need this also? 

kind regards, Paul

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Room allocations ?

Have I missed this somewhere , Read that they would be up on 1st Feb , now at 7th Feb ?

Update please  9_9 :D :Tumble:

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Room allocations ?

Have I missed this somewhere , Read that they would be up on 1st Feb , now at 7th Feb ?

Update please  9_9 :D :Tumble:
Hi Al

1st was for show website site not for final room allocations, as per previous years mid-Feb is more likely (if musical chairs stop - see below)

Right now the team are waiting on the updated hotel plan as some rooms have changed e.g. no more bunk beds, that sort of thing

So there is a draft plan but also people are now making late requests that really should have been on the sheet weeks / months ago, this makes the team's job very hard because of the domino effect when trying to meet a late room request and sometimes having to move 3 or more exhibitors! 

This does not apply to you as you made your request ages ago  :^

Reactions: Audio Al

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Brook

Sorry to hear of your health difficulties & glad that you received treatment in time.

Actually room 119 is first floor not the ground floor, talked to the allocation team & agreed that we can put you into 10 which is ground floor at the far end away from the lift. How does that sound?

I notice that you have Robin sharing, do you want it making up as a twin?

kind regards, Paul
Hi Paul, I assumed it was ground floor as it was the same level as the car park, but yes room 10 would be great, thank you very much.  Also yes to twin room as well, we are not about to follow Philip Schofield's recent announcement! My Julie, & Robin I suspect, will be relieved about that.

Cheers, Brook.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Paul, I assumed it was ground floor as it was the same level as the car park, but yes room 10 would be great, thank you very much.  Also yes to twin room as well, we are not about to follow Philip Schofield's recent announcement! My Julie, & Robin I suspect, will be relieved about that.

Cheers, Brook.
:D  marked on the sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.