Cable Help Please...

Glens of Antrim

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Norn Iron, , United
More help please...

I'm on the verge of upgrading my speaker cable from QED X-Tube 350 to either X-Tube 400 or Chord Company Odyssey - or perhaps Atlas.My problem is there isn't a Chord or Altas dealer in where I live, so i'll be buying blind.

I've heard the x-tube 400 & know it's a lot better than the X-350; however despite it's speed & detail resolution it suffers from the QED 'glare'.

So if anybody has experience of Chord & Altas especially in a Musical Fidelity context any pointer would be greatfully received.

Thanks GofA

G

or try Krystal cables, Franks new sonnet (kimber weave) works out around a £100 for 3mtr terminated pair, I'm using it with £10k amp and £9k speakers, and it replaced wire at 5 times it's price, and I'm not feeling shortchanged, get money back if not satisfied too.

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
analoguekid wrote:

or try Krystal cables, Franks new sonnet (kimber weave) works out around a £100 for 3mtr terminated pair, I'm using it with £10k amp and £9k speakers, and it replaced wire at 5 times it's price, and I'm not feeling shortchanged, get money back if not satisfied too.
Can't remember, what was your old wire AK?

E

Effem

The new Sonnet speaker cable is made out of copper young sir.

Speaker cable range has been revamped and the Sonnet isn't on the website yet
wink.png

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
analoguekid wrote:

What was your amp again AK? is it an intergrated?

G

Testure wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
Can't remember, what was your old wire AK?
old wire was JPSlabs superconductor fx, biwire cable shotgunned, these are for sale 14' pair if anyone intererested, spades one end, bananas other.

Sonnet cable, nice thick shiny copper, 2 runs per speaker (shottgunned) and weaved, good valeu and works very well indeed.

G

Hawk wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
What was your amp again AK? is it an intergrated?
is now Neil, Jeff Rowland Concentra MK11

E

Effem

Your best bet is to seek out the suppliers that offer a home demo or full refund then have a shoot-out between them all . . . . . . .

Glens of Antrim

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Norn Iron, , United
Effem wrote:

Your best bet is to seek out the suppliers that offer a home demo or full refund then have a shoot-out between them all . . . . . . .
That would be the ideal Frank - problem is that we've only 2 'real' dealerships here & neither of them stock Chordor Atlas (the guy at the shop I favour has very definite opinions about cables & those centre on QED); hence the plea for advice.

GofA

G

Frank is one of those retailers who offers a full refund Mate

U

Umberto

I have Atlas Apex GofA. It is a solid core cable with sheilding. Sounds very smooth but is not exactly cheap. Atlas Ascent is also available which sounds a bit brighter and is the same price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles