Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wondering what to get the Linn owner for Christmas, or you want to leave some suggestions for people wondering what to get you for Christmas? What about the music lover that seems to already has everything?

You are not alone. I am also considering what gifts would be appreciated for my music hobby and enhance my listening experience. 

Many of these suggestions for buying Linn components or speakers may require input from the Linn owner themselves, or a Linn salesperson at their favourite Linn dealer

In general, Linn sells entry level components are at the Majik level, and  Selekt,  Akurate and the most expensive Linn products are sold at the Klimax level

Here are some suggestions. Please feel free to add your gift suggestions to this thread.

Stocking Stuffers and Affordable Gifts:

-Gift certificates for brick and mortar music stores and on-line music stores that sell vinyl or downloadable music files in FLAC or 24 bit

-Favourite Vinyl albums for the music lover

-Subscription services to Tidal, Qobuz, Roon or other on-line music subscription services

-Record cleaning brushes, vinyl sleeves such as Mobile Fidelity sleeves, album cover plastic sleeves

-Audiophile level ear buds, wireless headphones, wired headphones, higher grade cables for the headphones

-Picture frames to mount album covers displayed on the wall in the listening room

-Audiophile magazine subscriptions for magazine delivery, or downloadable monthly subscription access 

-T-shirts or wearable paraphernalia of the Linn owners favourite musicians 

Moderately Priced Gifts:

-Subwoofer with Linn Exakt Subbox for Linn owners that have Exakt Linn components 

-Higher end headphones and headphone amps 

-New HiFi rack

-Room acoustic treatment such as bass traps, absorption panels and diffuser panels 

-Have the speaker cabinets refinished with a different colour of wood grain finish

-Secondary HiFi system in the house such as Linn’s lifestyle products such as a Selekt DSM with some series 3 speakers.

Expensive Priced Gifts For The Linn Music Lover That Seems To Have Everything:

-The new Next Generation Klimax Sytem Hub or Klimax DSM AV or Musik will improve the sound quality of any Linn system, for music streaming and playing vinyl.

-Upgrades for the LP12 turntable, such as an Akurate or Klimax Radikal or Klimax Radikal 2, Karousel bearing, new LP12 arm, Ekstatik phono cartridge, Keel etc.

‘-Klimax 350 speakers with Organik DACs. If the Klimax 350’s don’t have Organik DAC’s, it is available as an upgrade option that will greatly enhance sound quality

-Klimax Exaktboxes with Organik DAC’s. If the current Klimax Exaktboxes don’t have Organik DAC’s that would be a great improvement for the Linn owner

-New amplifiers such as Akurate or Klimax level amplification for people with passive speakers, or Exaktboxes without amplification built in.

-Akubarik or Akudorik speakers for a first or second stereo system in the house.

-New car with an audiophile level music sound system 

Happy Christmas all

Andyt916

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2020
Hertfordshire, UK
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I freely admit to being at bit of a Grinch at Christmas. I am very happy to splash the cash on friends and family but inevitably I feel that unless anyone buys me a present that has been meticulously specified, they are wasting their money. And me the same for them.

Having said that, a "New car with an audiophile level music sound system" doesn't sound too dusty 🤣

Reactions: Paulssurround

extremeride22

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 17, 2021
Toronto
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Excellent list of great gift ideas. Now it’s just a question of what that white bearded Santa clause will be putting under the Christmas 🌲. Thanks greatly appreciated……. Cheers…….🍷🍷

• Upvote

petecallaghan

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 4, 2015
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
According to the news articles I've seen Santa will be dropping down the chimney with a legally licenced concealed handgun, so y'all better show appreciation whatever lands under the Christmas tree 😂

• Haha

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought myself a pair of Linn engraved whisky glasses (I think they were left overs from the 50 year celebration). They were for sale on eBay for under £10 each. Can't find them now though...

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ll take the new car, thanks!  Not sure if I want all-electric yet, as we’ve had storm-related power cuts in the UK recently.  In fact, maybe a generator for the Hifi in case of power cuts might be handy!  😀 

d88

Wammer
Dec 2, 2020
Scotland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't expect my partner to buy me anything audio related as 1. I accept this is my hobby and as such the expense even on a entry level majik system & speakers is a little excessive for her to  buy anything Linn as a 'present'. 2. She would probably buy the wrong thing anyhow, and I'd feel a little guilty. So that would leave me with a sub to Tidal/Roon (which she can benefit from) or perhaps a contribution to a new hi fi rack, as I intend to replace my current one next year.

We already have a 2nd system in the main room which is primarily used for movies and to be fair even though I have Dali speakers everywhere for surround sound etc and a SVS sub, she loves the effects it gives. so maybe just maybe she's coming round to the the audio thing and I may be able to persuade her to get a 'better' Linn system.😀 Although, I dread when the next Lewis Capaldi album comes out, as she will be playing it though my my poor majik dsm non stop. The sacrifices we make to get better audio gear 🤐😬.

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I freely admit to being at bit of a Grinch at Christmas. I am very happy to splash the cash on friends and family but inevitably I feel that unless anyone buys me a present that has been meticulously specified, they are wasting their money. And me the same for them.

Having said that, a "New car with an audiophile level music sound system" doesn't sound too dusty 🤣

I think the trick here is to print off a few copies of this Christmas wish list and leave them around the house, with your favourites circled, the paper slightly crumpled and obvious coffee stains on the paper to make it look like you look at this list frequently. Write across the top, “list for Santa” 🤪😂

I’ll take the new car, thanks!  Not sure if I want all-electric yet, as we’ve had storm-related power cuts in the UK recently.  In fact, maybe a generator for the Hifi in case of power cuts might be handy!  😀 
Ooh, I love my plug-in hybrid electric.  I get all my chores done on electric, and if I exceed the range of the batteries, the gas motor will recharge the batteries as I drive

My next car will certainly be full electric 

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ooh, I love my plug-in hybrid electric.  I get all my chores done on electric, and if I exceed the range of the batteries, the gas motor will recharge the batteries as I drive

Last time we changed we almost got a Lexus hybrid, but the pandemic hit production and as we are leasing, we had to make a decision. We got another Volvo, but a petrol rather than the far more economical diesel. They were a bargain because the hybrid models were imminent. 

One step at a time, but a plug-in hybrid might be possible next time.  I have all the latest car mags to devour over Christmas!

A1AF9EF9-4E3E-448F-829A-4B390B5DF975.jpeg

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Wondering what to get the Linn owner for Christmas, or you want to leave some suggestions for people wondering what to get you for Christmas? What about the music lover that seems to already has everything?

You are not alone. I am also considering what gifts would be appreciated for my music hobby and enhance my listening experience. 

Many of these suggestions for buying Linn components or speakers may require input from the Linn owner themselves, or a Linn salesperson at their favourite Linn dealer

In general, Linn sells entry level components are at the Majik level, and  Selekt,  Akurate and the most expensive Linn products are sold at the Klimax level

Here are some suggestions. Please feel free to add your gift suggestions to this thread.

Stocking Stuffers and Affordable Gifts:

-Gift certificates for brick and mortar music stores and on-line music stores that sell vinyl or downloadable music files in FLAC or 24 bit

-Favourite Vinyl albums for the music lover

-Subscription services to Tidal, Qobuz, Roon or other on-line music subscription services

-Record cleaning brushes, vinyl sleeves such as Mobile Fidelity sleeves, album cover plastic sleeves

-Audiophile level ear buds, wireless headphones, wired headphones, higher grade cables for the headphones

-Picture frames to mount album covers displayed on the wall in the listening room

-Audiophile magazine subscriptions for magazine delivery, or downloadable monthly subscription access 

-T-shirts or wearable paraphernalia of the Linn owners favourite musicians 

Moderately Priced Gifts:

-Subwoofer with Linn Exakt Subbox for Linn owners that have Exakt Linn components 

-Higher end headphones and headphone amps 

-New HiFi rack

-Room acoustic treatment such as bass traps, absorption panels and diffuser panels 

-Have the speaker cabinets refinished with a different colour of wood grain finish

-Secondary HiFi system in the house such as Linn’s lifestyle products such as a Selekt DSM with some series 3 speakers.

Happy Christmas all

I'm sorry Paul but I have to say that your list shows how out of touch audiophiles are with the real world, especially those with expensive systems.  I doubt there is anyone among my family and friends who would consider a Subwoofer with Exaktbox Sub moderately priced as a Christmas gift, much less the Selekt DSM with Series 3 speakers (which don't really make sense to me since the Series 3 have the streaming built-in) a Selekt DSM and a pair of Series 3 coming in at least at $12,000, or more depending on configuration of the Selekt.  I'm sure this is moderate for some people but not working stiffs like me!

Reactions: Fazioli

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm sorry Paul but I have to say that your list shows how out of touch audiophiles are with the real world, especially those with expensive systems.  I doubt there is anyone among my family and friends who would consider a Subwoofer with Exaktbox Sub moderately priced as a Christmas gift, much less the Selekt DSM with Series 3 speakers (which don't really make sense to me since the Series 3 have the streaming built-in) a Selekt DSM and a pair of Series 3 coming in at least at $12,000, or more depending on configuration of the Selekt.  I'm sure this is moderate for some people but not working stiffs like me!
I agree with you, and I can’t think of anybody that would be buying me anything from the moderate or expensive list.

But this list was put together for fun, and to get people dreaming about their Christmas wishes, or help out their loved ones consider what gifts they might buy a Linn owner that loves their Linn and music.

‘I noticed the other day that only a few people posted anything on the Linn Club for the whole day, so I thought I would stimulate the conversations with this thread

Andyt916

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2020
Hertfordshire, UK
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Last time we changed we almost got a Lexus hybrid, but the pandemic hit production and as we are leasing, we had to make a decision. We got another Volvo, but a petrol rather than the far more economical diesel. They were a bargain because the hybrid models were imminent. 

One step at a time, but a plug-in hybrid might be possible next time.  I have all the latest car mags to devour over Christmas!

D8730637-585A-4708-A5C4-8B3D577B6B75.jpeg
Nice car. Not the most fashionable or "desirable", however I used to have a 2.4l petrol Volvo V50 automatic, which, whilst very thirsty, did have a nice bit of "poke" to it!

7ryder

Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
Bend, Oregon USA
AKA
Chris Gossard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think the trick here is to print off a few copies of this Christmas wish list and leave them around the house, with your favourites circled, the paper slightly crumpled and obvious coffee stains on the paper to make it look like you look at this list frequently. Write across the top, “list for Santa” 🤪😂

I love our plug-in hybrid too - 2021 BMW X5 xDrive45e. We can drive it all week in town without using gasoline. And, like you, my next care will be a full-on electric...maybe a Rivian R1T w/ the Meridian soundsystem. 

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice car. Not the most fashionable or "desirable", however I used to have a 2.4l petrol Volvo V50 automatic, which, whilst very thirsty, did have a nice bit of "poke" to it!
The seat design and the safety stands out for me with Volvo.   I also had a V50 for a few months pending the arrival of a company car, but it was a 2 litre diesel.  (My fun TT just behind!)
69D409C0-79CF-49E9-A493-B674E4544850.jpeg

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here is a picture of what my Honda Clarity looks like.

‘I get up to 110 km on a charge in the summer and 75 km in the winter, with additional range using the gas motor, if required.

I have driven for more than a year without using any gasoline at all, doing all my driving around town on electric.

My favourite part of owning this is the drive on electric is so smooth, quiet and powerful 

157B3FFE-7871-4E15-9685-CAC3C174F595.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

extremeride22

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 17, 2021
Toronto
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

D8730637-585A-4708-A5C4-8B3D577B6B75.jpeg
Great bicycle carrier👍👍👍

• Haha
Reactions: Nopiano

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.